Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Lights out or 24hr lighting for 1 week?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Lights out or 24hr lighting for 1 week?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all... Hope this is the right thread to post this query...

Will be going for reservist for 2 weeks and hopefully can be back on weekends. I just purchased some moss and plants. Now I have some queries:

1) Would it be better to leave the tank lights off or on 24hrs (no one at home will remember the tank lights, esp the tank in my room)?

2) If the tank lights are off, will it adversely affect the new plants? Older plants?

3) If the tank lights are on, will the water be over heated and my moss be cooked?

Any ideas? Help?...

Many thanks...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Buy an automatic timer lah... about $15..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Even if you don't go for reservist also must use timer lah. Surely got days that you have forgotten to on your lights. But then again, this is a good time to experiment with lights on 24/7 . Please try it and let me know the results, thks =)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wong1979
    Even if you don't go for reservist also must use timer lah. Surely got days that you have forgotten to on your lights. But then again, this is a good time to experiment with lights on 24/7 . Please try it and let me know the results, thks =)
    Never forget... On when awake and off before sleeping... Just scared of heating the tank as the room will not be ventilated... Wanted to buy a timer but as the lights plug is not attached to the main power point and is shared, it is difficult to install... See how lah... Worse come to worse, pay someone at home to switch on/off the lights lor...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I would agree with budak's advice. A timer switch is the best solution. It does not need to attach to the main power point. Even with a shared extension, just plug it into the outlet supplying to the light set.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?