Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Nice parrot fish.........

Feedback Score

Nice parrot fish.........

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi.... would like to know where can i buy chaep and nice parrot fish.... those that are not inject with colour..... looking for those natural red colour one.... thank in advance

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahem, very difficult to define this "natural red colour" thing , because parrotfish is not a natural fish to begin with. just thought to let you know, if you do not know already. It is an artificial hybrid from a Central American and an African (I think so, or maybe South American) cichlid. Because of this hybridisation, they have deformed spines and so on.

I do commend you for not wanting fishes injected with colours. It is very bad for the fishes and we should avoid them. However if you still like to have a parrotfish despite it being an artificial hybrid that's OK too, just don't dump it into our waterways if you no longer want it in future (I'm not saying you will, just being precautionary )

why not consider one of the many hundreds of natural fishes available that are just as pretty?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Cel,
    This is a futile search. Those that you think having 'natural colours' probably are new fish or kept in very poor condition. As Choy have pointed out, it is a mutation or hybrid of two cichlids. colour enchancement is probably embedded due to the 'false evolution' of generations of this fish. Nevertheless if you really like this fish, saw some nice specimens at c328. Pop on by for a look or you can buy some young specimens from your LFS and raise them, with the technology on fish food now you could probably predetermine their future colour. Peace
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Keke... Some how I am expecting Choy to say something... Keke...

Yes, as they are man made, they also have difficulty in swimming and feeding... I often see them try to 'suck' in their food as their mouths are deformed and cannot operate as normal fish...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes look very sad. bad karma on us for creating something like that. want to make sure people know what they are getting mah.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica