3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

H2O2 Dosing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    BBA seems to be making a comeback even though i am sure my CO2 concentration is consistent with at least 30ppm eveytime i did a pH and KH test. Going to use a syringe with H2O2 to get rid of whatever visible BBA there is on my backdrop and driftwood.

Hence need advice on what is the maximum dosage i can use for a 4 x 1.5 x 1.5 tank? Many thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cherabin
    BBA seems to be making a comeback even though i am sure my CO2 concentration is consistent with at least 30ppm eveytime i did a pH and KH test. Going to use a syringe with H2O2 to get rid of whatever visible BBA there is on my backdrop and driftwood.
    Plant health and presence of algae are better indicators than test kits (they can be wrong even with the best ones due to other influences.) and should be the final test of a tank's health. Active BBA growth spells one thing..poor CO2. Your test kits might say one thing but the algae is telling you other thing. Algae don't lie but your test kits can and often are often subjected to errors. Since its just your backdrop and driftwood that is affected, you can simply remove them if you can and boil them or use H2O2 on them in a safer way. Next time, try adding moss to the backdrop and anubias/moss to the wood to prevent possible re-infection.

Regards
    Peter Gwee