Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question Glosso light requirements

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    How well would Glosso do in a 1ft cube with 18W(2 x 9W)? Would that be sufficient to keep it low? If not, how's 26W(2 x 13W PL)? I know the more light the better, but I'm working with a pretty tight budget and I've already got the 18W light lying around. If possible, I'd like to be able to get away with the 18W.
    Anyone with experience growing Glosso with that kind of light wattage?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro,
    Got some glosso to sell to me?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dude, that's just being rude... You don't just cut in to someone's thread and ask them if they've got stuff to sell you when that person is asking for advice and I'm sorry, but no, I do not have any Glosso that I could sell you. You might want to try the LFS next to Nature Aquarium(oppoo Thomson Medical Centre), I saw some for sale a few days ago.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by brianclaw
    How well would Glosso do in a 1ft cube with 18W(2 x 9W)? Would that be sufficient to keep it low? If not, how's 26W(2 x 13W PL)? I know the more light the better, but I'm working with a pretty tight budget and I've already got the 18W light lying around. If possible, I'd like to be able to get away with the 18W.
    Anyone with experience growing Glosso with that kind of light wattage?
    More light isn't better unless you like BBA with glosso combo set. Things will be fine if you keep up on the CO2 and nutrients but then again loads of folks screw up. Go with 2-2.5w/g would be fine..try to teach it to grow low by prunning instead. As long as you have enough intensity, it should stay pretty low and compact.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have 7W/gal and they stay on the ground. It's almost like there are no stems, they just run. Like little green leaves scattered on the ground. Give it another month, I should see much denser. Quite interesting to see, cus they just bubble.

Glosso is common, but IMO, it's really a nice plant to kick start a planted hobby.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the replies... I've already got a small amount of HC planted randomly in clumps... I'd like to try adding some Glosso to the mix.

Peter, everything I've read says that the WPG rule doesn't really apply to nano set-ups, but reading something and actually getting advice from someone with experience is a totally different thing. I guess the only thing I can do is give it a shot and see how it turns out... Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The discussion is over but I'd like to warn you about the mixing of Glosso and HC... it can be done, but the effect may be "messy", and worse still when it's time to trim them you'll tear your hair out

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    The discussion is over but I'd like to warn you about the mixing of Glosso and HC... it can be done, but the effect may be "messy", and worse still when it's time to trim them you'll tear your hair out
    In all honesty.... I don't really plan on trimming it(too damned lazy to). I want the whole tank to just go wild.