Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    two things were done primarily, first of all improving contrasts (the effect is like peeling away a layer of translucent paper) and colour correction (original has yellow/green cast). remember you had used flash so the result would not be like what you see under aquarium lighting.

second thing that was done is minor sharpening using USM (unsharp mask). I only use this for the final output. never sharpen your working file since sharpening cannot be stored as a layer. alternatively make a copy of your image layer, and sharpen that.

I also NEVER collapse my layers, I keep my PS files are they are. they are big but then storage is cheap. One day, you never know, you will need to go back to that PSD file and tune some of the layers.

another thing that is often neglected is the colour space. I note you have set to sRGB. when doing post processing you should remember this, try to use a consistent colour space model, typically either sRGB or Adobe RGB.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    second thing that was done is minor sharpening using USM (unsharp mask). I only use this for the final output. never sharpen your working file since sharpening cannot be stored as a layer. alternatively make a copy of your image layer, and sharpen that.
    I never knew that sharpening cannot be stored as a layer.

another thing that is often neglected is the colour space. I note you have set to sRGB. when doing post processing you should remember this, try to use a consistent colour space model, typically either sRGB or Adobe RGB.
    I believe that this camera allow you to set to either sRGB or Adobe RGB for RAW files. What do you mean needing to stick to a consistent colour space model? Is it for applying the same/similar modifications to post-processing the files?
    Cheers,
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you can't store sharpening in the way you have adjustment layers. sharpening and other filters applies to a layer. so you can "store" sharpening by making a duplicate of that layer (and switching off the original unsharpened layer) and sharpening the duplicate. only problem is you cannot adjust the sharpening once it is done. and you cannot undo once you save the file.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    you can't store sharpening in the way you have adjustment layers. sharpening and other filters applies to a layer. so you can "store" sharpening by making a duplicate of that layer (and switching off the original unsharpened layer) and sharpening the duplicate. only problem is you cannot adjust the sharpening once it is done. and you cannot undo once you save the file.
    Choy, time to share your tips...Photoshop for Fishtography.....
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123