Country
    Singapore

Help needed to connect bubble counter to regulator

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I bought the JBJ regulator/solenoid and JBJ bubble counter from NA. When I try to connect the bubble counter to the CO2 output line (see picture at http://www.jbjlighting.com/rel_prod_regulator.html), it doesn't seem to fit.

The instruction says "unscrew the CO2 output line "nut" and screw on female end of the bubble counter to the male end of the CO2 output line."

Is the "nut" to be used for the connection? The thread on the female end of the bubble counter looks too shallow to screw onto the male end.

Another question: Am I suppose to fill the bubble counter half way up with water?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is the "nut" to be used for the connection? The thread on the female end of the bubble counter looks too shallow to screw onto the male end.
    No, just store the nut away for future needs. You should be able to screw the bubble counter in properly. But one thing though, check valves can and do fail. If it happens, your regulator might be history.

Am I suppose to fill the bubble counter half way up with water?
    Definitely. I sure don't have the eyes to see bubbles in the air unless its soapy water.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Me also jus bought a 5L co2 tank from NA!
    But lucky me!
    The friendly Mr Chan helped me with it!
    He unscrew the nut from the co2 output line of the solenoid, then screw in the bubble counter.
    Perhaps you have the bubble counter upside down?
    The nut of the bubble counter should face upwards, not connected to the solenoid!

And about filling the bubble counter with water, I think your question was whether to fill it all the way or half-way, rite?

It shouldn't make any different!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I had tried similar bubble counter, not sure what brand but bought from Teo. Looks solidly constructed but very soon I had one leakage and the other had a failed valve. luckily water did not go back into the regulator but flowed onto the outside.

Now I use the black plastic one from Bioplast, solid and trouble free.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Peter/Evolim83, thanks for the reply.

I only managed to screw about 1/3 in from the bubble counter to the CO2 output, is that the same for you?

Another problem: the electrical cable connector from the solenoid is not the usual one. It is 2 flat pin but with one pin wider than the other. Tried all my plugs and sockets but can't find one that accept it. Do I have to buy some adaptor to connect it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lwm999
    Hi Peter/Evolim83, thanks for the reply.

I only managed to screw about 1/3 in from the bubble counter to the CO2 output, is that the same for you?

Another problem: the electrical cable connector from the solenoid is not the usual one. It is 2 flat pin but with one pin wider than the other. Tried all my plugs and sockets but can't find one that accept it. Do I have to buy some adaptor to connect it?

Thanks.

Ya!
    My JBJ bubble counter is also about 1/3 into JBJ solenoid!
    You will need an adaptor to convert the 2 flat pins to 2 around pins!
    Bought mine at hardware shop for less than $1!
    Enjoy your new toy!