Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    *** Edit: This thread was split from hii's original thread about his 4ft tank. ~ Vinz ***

Quote Originally Posted by plumboy21
    Never knew there is a big community of "plants ppl" here. Wow, Hii, your tank really look wonderful! Btw, u r the one who introduced me here via our tele-conversation yesterday. Thanks! Got a lot to learn from u ppl
    welcome onboard...ya better study and ask everything unclear b4 you start planted tank. Last time I took 1 month to study (everyday) and still blur blur ..
    Last edited by vinz; 12th Aug 2005 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Mosss, moss, moss

Quote Originally Posted by hii
    welcome onboard...ya better study and ask everything unclear b4 you start planted tank. Last time I took 1 month to study (everyday) and still blur blur ..
    To start with, i would probably need a light. Gosh.. anyone here can sell me a cheap light for a 2 ft tank? Saw some gd offers online, but dunno why they juz dont bother to response. I bog a box of CO2 tablets yesterday. Wonder if it is useful? Now the soil... i bog coral sand online, but i understand it is not suitable for a planted tank? Gees, i hv got a hell lots of it! Or, should i go ahead with experimenting it? Anyway, i am only looking to grow moss, moss, moss! Regards.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To start with, i would probably need a light. Gosh.. anyone here can sell me a cheap light for a 2 ft tank? Saw some gd offers online, but dunno why they juz dont bother to response. I bog a box of CO2 tablets yesterday. Wonder if it is useful? Now the soil... i bog coral sand online, but i understand it is not suitable for a planted tank? Gees, i hv got a hell lots of it! Or, should i go ahead with experimenting it? Anyway, i am only looking to grow moss, moss, moss! Regards.

Maybe you should consider starting your own thread? You will get more responses...
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hallo!

I have a 2ft 1X 36W PL light. DIY by using latest smallest eballast from Elbiru and Elbiru PL tube. still left few months warranty from Nature Aquarium.

using for only 2 months, the original cost for DIY is eballast ($15) + 36W PL tube ($12) + casing ($10), total is $37.

If you buy a new one I think it will cost $35-$40 (magnum brand).

If you interested than I can let go my 2ft light at $25. of cost compare the eballast mine is better with warranty somemore...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    Maybe you should consider starting your own thread? You will get more responses...
    Hm... am thinking of that too. Thanks bro! Btw, i like your quote "I'm not always dumb, Just most of the time... "

Regards

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Show me the .... light!

Hallo!

I have a 2ft 1X 36W PL light. DIY by using latest smallest eballast from Elbiru and Elbiru PL tube. still left few months warranty from Nature Aquarium.

using for only 2 months, the original cost for DIY is eballast ($15) + 36W PL tube ($12) + casing ($10), total is $37.

If you buy a new one I think it will cost $35-$40 (magnum brand).

If you interested than I can let go my 2ft light at $25. of cost compare the eballast mine is better with warranty somemore...
    Hi Bro,

Do u hv a pic of your light? Can show me ya? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bro,

Do u hv a pic of your light? Can show me ya? Thanks!
    will take pic tonight n email u. your email pls cos u r newbie cannot PM u.

and you can post you request in the market place to get more response. 2ft light easy to find cheap one...
    collection:

woodlands mrt: 10am-10pm, anytime anyday.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bro plumboy21

if you just want to grow moss everywhere, you can visit http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=11044 for advice. many of the bros here are growing thick, healthy and beautiful moss and they did it with low tech method (w/o CO2 and minimum maintenance).
    don't worry, be happy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lights up!

will take pic tonight n email u. your email pls cos u r newbie cannot PM u.

and you can post you request in the market place to get more response. 2ft light easy to find cheap one...
    Ok bro, email ur pic to my email <[email protected]>. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by riccia
    bro plumboy21

if you just want to grow moss everywhere, you can visit http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=11044 for advice. many of the bros here are growing thick, healthy and beautiful moss and they did it with low tech method (w/o CO2 and minimum maintenance).

I have checked that out. Interesting & informative link. Thanks riccia bro!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Planted sand

Okie, now i hv a light, but i need planted sand. Anyone can give me FOC? Sorry bros, i am new, so cant post new thread. Forgive me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Okie, now i hv a light, but i need planted sand. Anyone can give me FOC? Sorry bros, i am new, so cant post new thread. Forgive me.
    bro plumboy21

i think u should be able to post new thread la......... u cannot post any thread in "Aquarium Related Marketplace" only. u need to have min 10 post in order to post there.

i remember your tank is around 2ft or so. u can always get the normal sand (so called American) to start off. it's very affordable 5kg for $5. it depends on how high (thick) you want the layer to be. unless you are going for those ADA or Dennerle or............... ex________ ones .
    don't worry, be happy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

American soil!

Quote Originally Posted by riccia
    bro plumboy21

i think u should be able to post new thread la......... u cannot post any thread in "Aquarium Related Marketplace" only. u need to have min 10 post in order to post there.

i remember your tank is around 2ft or so. u can always get the normal sand (so called American) to start off. it's very affordable 5kg for $5. it depends on how high (thick) you want the layer to be. unless you are going for those ADA or Dennerle or............... ex________ ones .
    Ee... American sand? For a 2ft tank, how much of American sand is needed, say i want to fill up to 5 cm depth? Thanks bro!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ee... American sand? For a 2ft tank, how much of American sand is needed, say i want to fill up to 5 cm depth? Thanks bro!
    bro plumboy21

it depends on what you wanna grow inside your tank. if you are growing only moss, moss and more moss like you mentioned before, you don't need a thick layer of sand (gravel). just a thin layer will do for moss as they are normally tie on drift wood or wire mesh.

to achieve 5cm for a 2ft tank, you should need about 10kg. check with your local LFS they should be able to give better advice. good luck.
    don't worry, be happy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    And remember to add in fertilizer for future if you intend to try some planting. You can start a new thread in Beginner section and sure someone will FOC sand to you easily...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

FOC sand

Okie bro riccia & Hii, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Here's link to some FAQs on starting planted tanks that might be useful to you
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ead.php?t=4036

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei Miao
    Here's link to some FAQs on starting planted tanks that might be useful to you
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ead.php?t=4036
    Okie, thanks bro.