Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank update - Picture Intensive (7 images)

Feedback Score

Tank update - Picture Intensive (7 images)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi fellas

For your comments & feedback. My sincere apologies if it takes long to load!
    All pics taken using Sony Cybershot DSC-S50.

50cm - Estb 4 Mar 2002

Yesterday

E. stellata (I think?!)

Another pic of my Ram. Yet to capture him in full colour!

60cm - Estb 10 Mar 2002

Yesterday

Crypt. Beckettii (Can someone help confirm this?)

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, yr tank doing fine man... but how come the foreground so bare? the E.rose in yr 2ft getting too hugh []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what happened to your hairgrass?
    (60cm tank)

and the ram, i don't think you're gonna get a more colourful shot
    he's what i termed singapore ram ^ ^

the crypts u aiming for the entire foreground?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nizz... what is the brand of the brand of the brown color gravel? very nice leh...

what are those tall plants in your 2ft tank? noticed that u replaced the hair grass to crypto???

nice setup.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Hey Simon

Dat's the E. Marble Queen (tri-colour) courtesy of David. & yes, it's very very huge! I've removed all the high-light plants (HG, Gratiola sp., blyxa japonica) as the Queens are blocking all the lights to them....so now there's actually tenellus (in front of drift wood) & crypts all over mid & foreground. Also, i feel at least now there's some consistency in the plant types.

My dream now is for the Queens to flower....wait long long...

Nizz

Feedback Score
    DEA: HG issue pls refer to my reply to Simon. My Ram...the black streak across the eye and the black patch on the body is sometimes more prominent...dat's when i wanna take his pic. Crypts...side foreground and mid probably.

Kel: Dat's dennerle gravel...& the tall plants r Echinodorus Marble Queen (tri-colour)

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oops... hahhaaaaaa... jus add more lights.. how's yr 4ft dream coming?

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/25/2002 10:19:37 AM

oops... hahhaaaaaa... jus add more lights.. how's yr 4ft dream coming?
    ----------------
    Cannot add more light lah...then there'll just be more shadows...hehehe...anyway, now oredi have 72W for abt 14G...and the heat...i'd see steam fr the water surface wif any more PL tubes...

My 4ft dream...i'm practicing patience....patience (character building! hahaha).....i'm still on lower part of learning curve....so, don wanna screw up anything big time...

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun worry nizz, u r doing fine wif yr 2ft... in our hobby, if u can successful maintain and upkeep a 2ft.. a 4ft will be a breeze

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Me started off with a 2ft and about a year later, jumped onto the 5ft bandwagon. Everyone had major screwups, but we learn. Just go for it Nizz... Bigger tank = bigger satisfaction = Bigger hole in the pocket. [] []

Feedback Score
    Hi kingpin

I guess u're rite...everyone screws up sometime or other...hahaha. But i've given myself a time frame...prob end-2002 to 1st quarter 2003. But i think ideally end 2002 lah....now i'm conceptualising.....

This forum will be the first to know when it's up.....

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice tank.
    A 4ft will be easier than a 2 feet as the water column is more and less prone to over-fertilisation and can "hold" more waste product.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry.. off topic for a while..

nizz.. where u get the dennerle gravel.. very nice.. and how much??? coz me thinking of having a shrimp tank... hehehe... are they (gravel) suitable for shrimps? i'm afraid that it might become like those gravel that i read on ADA, where it change the water parameters to apisto paradise... coz me dun know whether those water parameters produced by the gravel is suitable for shrimps... []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    binbeto: Thx. I'm aware of the water parameters being more stable wif a larger tank...that aside, i'm also learning the requirements of the plants & fish etc....u all don make me gian leh....hahaha...might just end up buying the tank next week.....hehehe....

Kel: I believe it's abt $35 or $38 per large pack (10kg i think & depends on colour). It's neutral, & they have it in other natural colours as well (dark gray, black, etc...). U can get it at most reputable lfs...Nature has them...price quite standard (it's controlled)....even at Sam Yick. Should be ok for shrimps.

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah.. the gravel is so ex ah..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dennerle leh.... []

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hey nizz,

Your plants arrangement make your tank looks big. [:0]

Why no foreground plant like Riccia?

You train for a year ++ to get ready for a 4 ft! Then I got to reconsider my 3 ft leow. But I got the tank already!

--
    colin

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kelvin, its the color of the gravel u paying for.. unlike lonestar, i think everyone knows the standard colours.. so, if u wanna be diff.. use dennerle.. i use dennerle for even my apisto tanks

Feedback Score
    Hey there Colin

Thx. Actually, it's prob the depth of the camera dat makes the tank look big...hahaha...

Riccia...tried dat when i first started planted tank. Nice, but maintenance can kill ur enthusiasm for the hobby....at least my enthusiasm...i prob shldn't have used it as a beginner...

The timing is a personal choice lah...i just don feel like doing larger tanks yet, so gonna go wif the heart lor...hahaha...

U've got any pics of ur tank?

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Kel...on the issue of gravel...after using dennerle, i don think i wanna use any other gravel. There's a lot of difference in terms of texture...trying to plunge a stemmed plant into dennerle gravel is much easier than other gravel types dat i've used...i'm gonna stick wif dennerle fr now on tho' a bit $$$.

Nizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast