Country
    Singapore

How to keep wood shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All

Both my woodshrimps on me while the bees, tigers, cherries, malayans and yamatos are all thriving.

Are woodshrimps that difficult to keep? What do you guys feed them. I dun feed my shrimps in particular. They scavage for their own food. I've read about crushing algae pellets to feed the woodshrimps but in a heavily planted tank, its difficult to do so. I dun even see them somedays...

Regards
    Gene

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by genes
    Hi All

Both my woodshrimps on me while the bees, tigers, cherries, malayans and yamatos are all thriving.

Are woodshrimps that difficult to keep? What do you guys feed them. I dun feed my shrimps in particular. They scavage for their own food. I've read about crushing algae pellets to feed the woodshrimps but in a heavily planted tank, its difficult to do so. I dun even see them somedays...

Regards
    Gene
    I can't help you. But maybe you can help me Where can I get wood shrimps and what's the price like? Thks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    woodshrimp likes flowing water, where they can filter their food thru' water current.
    if not much water current provided, they will do the same as the rest of the shrimps: scavenge around from the ground
    it's quite a hardy species once acclimatized to your tank, will live hormoniously with the rest of the shrimps and find their own food

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    NA and C328 sells them

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Please post shrimp-related questions in the fauna section Hope you guys understand... the Beginner's corner is only for planted tank newbies.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Woodshrimp are filter feeders. Meaning they eat microscopic plants/animals in the water. If yours are dying I'd imagine it's because they starved to death. In a planted tank, simply leave the dead leaves to rot. Or simply put a few dead leaves in your tank. The woods will filter the rotten biomass out of the water. It's also a good idea to have only 1 shrimp per square foot. If you can, reduce the water changes as there isn't any food in tap water. Heck if you're desperate, pour a liter of river water into your tank, there's sure to be organisms in there and they'll eventually breed in your tank, giving your woods and possible fish fry/shrimp larva a constant supply of food. Beware of fungus though.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Would they be similar to the shrimps mentioned in this thread?

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=14368
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...