Thread: Guppy pictures

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    joe. That's a snake skin guppy .. one of those that I like best and that's the guppy that kanna that parasite with worms sticking on it's tummy/gill area.

I was so reluctant to throw it away when Chris & Seah suggested it coz it seems like a stubborn parasite.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi joe,

Wanted to comment that your guppys are nice and the pics are quite clear too!!!

Where u gotten them??

Jus a point to note, next time when u buy guppys, choose those with longer dosal fin, nicer

The female u got there is a gold body one, probably a golden snakeskin female.
    Has the gills always that red when u got her or jus turn red recently???
    Maybe u should take a shot (pic) when her tummy is big. Any sign of worms coming from anus?? I think that your female actually gave birth but frys eaten if there's no disease.

Maybe next time can join both Chris n me for guppy "hunting" too!!!

Derrick
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ninjafly, Maybe you can try a salt bath and physical removal of the worm. But you must be very gentle and not force the worm out. Well, that's what I do for my intestinal worms problem. I also add a medication containing trichlorophon( spell? that's how I pronounce), it sorta weakens the worms and suppose to eradicate this problem. [:]

Hi Joe, I noticed some of such females look like this, I mean the gills being red... even mine.
    I think your female gave birth recently as the gravid spot area seems to be of eggs. You can wait for 3-4 weeks for the next batch of fries.
    Uniting all Guppy lovers

Guppy Club, Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would love to join you guys... derrick and chris... please let me know... where do you stay???

I got them from my place here.. Ang Mo Kio ave 3... now the male out number the female. sorry stupid question- dosal fin is on the back??? agree should buy longer ones... I notice there a small male that i bought earlier has short dosal fin,,,, but after 2 month it grow longer... yes nicer

Strange.... I have to show another female has given birth but the tummy is still round??? compare to this golden snake skin...

the red gills goon and off ... just worry no worms .... the last time try the garlic treatment way.... maybe it's a good way to clear their stomach.... and they do eat it as long as the garlic is in tiny peices mix with their food.

For breeding- what kind of tank(how many) and equipment is needed? How long does it take a female guppy to concive- 2 month???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Joe

I stayed Hougang while Chris at ToaPayoh.

There's no special requirements breeding guppies, as long as the water conditions right, they will breed, its only what type of strains or varieties u want.

Guppies give birth every 3-4 wks, the female with larger tummy could be that the tummy expanded every each birth, so expect more frys for the next drop of frys

Once u notice the female tummy gets bigger and around 3-4wks, u should seperate the female and add plenty of cover for the frys to hide.

Agree that its harder to find better or hardier guppies nowadays.[]
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12