Images
    Country
    Singapore

Petrol Price

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    How is this affecting you guys especially those who are in sales and have to run around?

Saw this site with the latest pump price. might be useful to you guys

http://www.petrolwatch.com.sg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ##@$%!^&*($)# in short. It a 15% increase man on petrol expenses.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    you think this is bad?? trust me..it will go over $2 for sure.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Last time I can still pump Shell V-Power. Now.... no way!!

Good thing my car takes RON92... can save a few dollars.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    you think this is bad?? trust me..it will go over $2 for sure.
    Sad to say.. it sure looks like it. Pump price is going Upzz..with New Orleans still in a BIG mess. It's going to affect other countries and many many livelihoods with be affected..
    Last edited by Fei Miao; 2nd Sep 2005 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's not just New Orlean... if you believe in those people who have been talking about peak oil... you would only see it keep going up...
    Cheers,
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    US$100 per barrel is not far fetch when you consider that inflation has not been factored into the price of oil yet. am very afraid high oil price will be quite a fact of life in the near future.

its not so much the amount of oil but refining capacity. not much investment done for the last 10 years or so. add china and india into the budding consumer society country club and you have a whammy waiting to happen. even if energy plants are converted to nuclear you still have all those cars... LNG (liquid natural gas) is just mitigating the crunch. btw LNG has a whole set of sepcial facilities required to be use (i.e. special cooling containers and pipes etc).

maybe we should have built our homes like the good old days of empire? high ceiling and good ventalation without air conditioning.
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    US$100 per barrel will be jia-lat liao.. ...remembered the Jakarta riots started partly then with the removal of oil subsidy, protest and then with the shooting of the students, then Wham!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Perhaps nuclear power should be the way to go in the future... anyone read an article about it in Readers' Digest some months back?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    well..all the oil companies want you to believe that there is still plenty of oil going around inside this earth.. Trust me.. there isn't. no one believes the scientist when they say this.. they always say.. "geeez this is a bunch of bull" well..when we come to realise it.. its always too late..

Sceintist have been talking about global warming and all the effects that the earth is going to experience for YEARS.. and no one believes them..save the earth?? whats that? its all a bunch of bull.. well.. if you've stayed in an area with 4 seasons.. you'll realise the longer winters for sure recently.. also just look at the news.. how many natural calamaties were area like taiwan, america, india and many more, hit within these 3 months.. OF COURSE we cant say its because the world is dying that these things are on the rise.. no proof what.. but is that reason for us to continue abusing it? when we find the proof.. i think most of us will be dead.. or it will be sapped dry. wither way.. its not going to work.

oil is just the begining of it.Human existance is VERY selfish.. its just a fact. no one believes this?? just wait 10-30yrs or so down the road....i am certain personally that oil will run extremely low or out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by michael lai
    ##@$%!^&*($)# in short.
    Same here lah!!!!! With US, PRC and India hungry for oil; fuel subsidies distortion and now Katrina, yes, it will surely go up again.

JYJ Guest/Not Logged In
    Next Singapore Power will increase their rate again. There goes the chain reaction.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    well..all the oil companies want you to believe that there is still plenty of oil going around inside this earth.. Trust me.. there isn't. no one believes the scientist when they say this.. they always say.. "geeez this is a bunch of bull" well..when we come to realise it.. its always too late..

Sceintist have been talking about global warming and all the effects that the earth is going to experience for YEARS.. and no one believes them..save the earth?? whats that? its all a bunch of bull.. well.. if you've stayed in an area with 4 seasons.. you'll realise the longer winters for sure recently.. also just look at the news.. how many natural calamaties were area like taiwan, america, india and many more, hit within these 3 months.. OF COURSE we cant say its because the world is dying that these things are on the rise.. no proof what.. but is that reason for us to continue abusing it? when we find the proof.. i think most of us will be dead.. or it will be sapped dry. wither way.. its not going to work.

oil is just the begining of it.Human existance is VERY selfish.. its just a fact. no one believes this?? just wait 10-30yrs or so down the road....i am certain personally that oil will run extremely low or out.
    I am with ranma on this. Initially I was skeptical about all this (a year back), until I started reading up more and more on this. We are already past peak oil and in the years to come we would find more and more of the real situation. In fact, this has become seriously enough for National Geographic to feature an article on this, with its front page titled "Peak Oil" (or something like that) no less.
    Cheers,
    Joe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    you should check the papers out there now and what a certain "freedom" nation is doing to its wildlife preseravtion laws in order to get more of this stuff.. really pisses you off sometimes..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you should check the papers out there now and what a certain "freedom" nation is doing to its wildlife preseravtion laws in order to get more of this stuff.. really pisses you off sometimes..
    know what you mean... the destroy of nature just to satisfy human selfishness... all for the sake of "progress"... sometimes i wonder if we have really understood that there is only one earth out there we have...

- There are millions of species out there, but there's only one species that have the power to save all the species out there...
    Cheers,
    Joe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    we will understand it..... when its too late.. thats just how it is. Human existance is so selfish that we will not see anything as a hazard until it starts killing off our relatives and offspring. Its just like the "selfish gene" mentioned by Richard Dawkins. That would then mean that we finally start saving the earth because of selfishness.. not because we really care. Sad really..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The removal of natural wetlands in Phuket and in New Orleans leaves no natural buffers when a tsunami or hurricane strikes as witnessed in these 2 recent events, resulting in huge devastation... All for the sake of development?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    All for the sake of $$$$$

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like more disruption to oil supplies with Hurricane Rita, excepted to hit shoreline Friday's evening or Saturday morning, my colleague's family already evacuating from Houston, Texas.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    (92UL)$1.702
    (95UL)$1.734
    (98UL)$1.817

...looks like these figures are on the rise again...
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast