Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

cleaning of tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    a bit silly of me... i was changing water by linking the water in the tank to a hose and at the end of it.. toilet bowl..
    then i went to hit my books for a while.. suddenly my sis shout out while washing her face.... 'kor, your fish is in the toilet bowl!!!!' i then took the hose out of the tank and rush to the toilet.. but no fish in sight.. she then pointed out to me the similar fish in my tank.... PANDA CORY!!!!!! urgh...
    guys.. all i can say is that.. pay attention when changing water in your tank...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i use the white rectangle basins & "pails" from ikea.

"basins" for 16inch & 1.5ft tanks, "pails" when i'd a 2ft tank, and now the biggest "pails" for my 3ft tank. ikea even sells the wheels for the biggest "pails"! and this containers are white, so i can see what went in from the tank, before throwing the water away!

kelvin, maybe modify the water hose and put a "siphon head" so that you can continue your studys without worrying?

i use a eheim-imitation hose for my 3ft tank, and this evening, my meteor minnows decided to explore the outlet!!![:0]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

[:0] Really sorry to hear that, kelstorm
    I''m going crazy, but that''s okay.. They know me there..

I also drain water pretty much the same way as you kelstorm.

next time, idea ah, try to have the water pass through a net, at least that way can still save. But no garuntee your fishes live lah. But estimating the size of your tube for it to suck one entire cory, I should say the fish has high chances of surviving.

Or else, small little net, cut out a small square piece, put it over the INLET, keep in place with rubber band and tah dah!
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    opps, sorry, my minnows explored the INLET, not the outlet. they're still swimming in my tank.[]
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Hi ppl

Another idea to help reduce such risks....

The tiny pots that come with your plants...put them onto your hose inlet when siphoning out the water fr your tank...of course, little ones like micro-rasboras can still get 'sucked' out, but at least the corys & the like-sizes will be safe.

But bottom line, I think u shldn't leave the tank when siphoning water...& Kel...how much water exactly were u siphoning out such that you had time to read your book? How big is this tank of yours?

Nizz

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the idea guys..

Nizz, i was intending to siphon out abt half of the water.. and left the hose attached to the sucker clip at approximately mid point so that at least, when it is done, and i still have not completed solving the equation, it will be cut off by itself... how am i to know that that 'smart' chap will swim itself too near to the inlet?? sigh.... as benetay had lamented, coz of my mistake, a life was lost.. sigh....
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Well...like they say it in the movies....**** happens...

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for corys as well (no thanks to the laments of florence, i'm now quite interested in them)...my peppered pair need company...know any place with some 'rare' ones? I'm looking for small ones...not the large ones...seen some humongous ones at K&K in Tampines...HUGE man.....

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nizz, think the ones u saw are sterbai's. Me also looking 4 cories but K&K got huge ones! U looking 4 wat species? I need 5 more skunk's, small ones only.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nizz.. quick.. go to TB ben.. he have some quite big sterbais left.. err.. that is after i took abt 5 pieces and some chap i saw yesterday took another 3-5 pieces.. quickly.. while stock last.. i got my giants from there too... the schwartzis.... there is abt 4-5 left.. they are huge!!!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    opps.. sorry.. small ones??? how abt pandas?? at Ben.. it is very very very very very small...[] ask Florence.. hehehe... and if u like it to be slightly bigger.. go to the next door.. his pandas are slightly bigger...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, Nizz looking 4 small ones lah, not huge ones. Btw, how much 4 the sterbais u bought? Compare price leh.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    not nice to mention price here unless selling things.. hehehe.. sms me... u got my number right?? hehehe[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nizz.. if u want small ones.. i pop over to my market LFS tomolo to check for u.. trillis?? or what??? any particular ones u look for? can msg u if i find them...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nizz, u got check the tanks facing the koi basin. I know there are 3 more species there. All small ones.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LOLz!!!

nizz, whenever you close your eyes to sleep, you can see corys zikzak in front of your face, is it? hee, hee, hee!

kel, don't frighten him by telling him where to get BIG corys, lah![] he's looking for small ones alright!

nizz, in tiongbahru, ben's corys are normally smaller ones (in size, not normally small species), compared to his neighbouring shop. yeah, he's got small pandas, but [] [] really small... for pandas, better go next door and get bigger ones.

ben's sterbais, sometime smaller but this latest lot we saw yesterday, or rather what's left over after kel's visit, are bigger than his previous lot. maybe you can call ben or drop by this evening, cos his sterbais stock normally comes on saturday afternoon or sunday maybe.

yeah, ben has some trilis and peppered too. hey, hey, you said your "pair of peppered"? that means only two, lah! should get 4 more, you know? minimum 6 will be good![] []

oh, some of us are looking for habrosus which are pygmy size. but ben has only brought in once, recently. have to go to the farms in limchukang to get them...[:0]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry, typo...

ben's corys are smaller (in size, not NECESSARY small species).

anyway, i must say that the variety of his neighbour's corys, though big, is pretty interesting.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the plant kelvin....

Another OverKill..... [:0] it happens....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    u are welcome, deck...