Country
    Singapore

Exclamation larva-like worms!!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

This morning, when i woke up, i was really shocked to see a very small worm-like thing, crawling inside my glass tank! It's white in colour. It's really small; can be seen with a naked eye, but then, must be very close to the tank, then, can see.

There are also some white dots in front of the glass tank. But when i looked closely, these white dots can move!! And they are!! slowly!!
    I tried to use my glass rod to squezze them to death, but cannot.. I can only and managed to scrape them off the glass. Now, they are still lingering inside my tank.

I really don't know what is that.. Can someone please help me and tell me what is that white, small, worm-like larva???

My tank is a 22 cherry shrimp tank of (33cm by 18cm by 24cm)

A low-tech tank, consists of only java ferns and java moss..
    and it is heavily planted.

Alvin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Most likely water fleas and planaria. Try reducing ur feed amounts.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Fleas?? I didn't really feed my shrimps.. I just set up two days ago..
    But the water inside the tank had been there for about 2months..
    Ya.. i'll see how.. But i still don't know what is that worm-like thing crawling and invading my tank.. Haiz.. first time, and my first planted tank, so many problems...

Alvin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Er, this tank is just 2 days old but the water is 2 months old? I don't understand.

The white dots are very likely water fleas. I got mine in my new setup, but right now they're not noticeable anymore (I still see some here and there occasionally).

Planaria is more bothersome. I had a dead rotting Yamato shrimp in my tank, and I did not bother to take it out. What happened was I saw planaria often after that. I took the carcass out, and I'm seeing less planaria now.

A personal peice of advice to your well-being: Try to take things easy. Things that can go wrong often will, so you have to accept it. IT's difficult when starting out, but as you go along (if you endure that is) you'll find that each new tank you set up will have much less problems than the previous.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    On a posative note, keep some of those worms, they make good fry food if you ever find yourself with a pregnant fish.