Images
    Country
    Singapore

Papulentus turning yellow and rotting off

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yah, I don't understand why they are turning yellow in the center and rotting off at an alarming rate!

My lights are 7W/G and 3bps. I suspect something is deficient already.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    More info...your routine? tank size, water change? CO2/non-CO2? Sounds like NO3 deficiency to me..

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee
    More info...your routine? tank size, water change? CO2/non-CO2? Sounds like NO3 deficiency to me..

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    I dose Easylife..it's 3-4 bps co2 for a 2ft tank. water change twice a week.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    usually i would say rotting off is a sign of insufficient lights, but by the looks of your 7wpg.... it s amazingly high light. Yup, thus the next possibility is insuffient trace element... either kno3... or maybe fe ? Hmmm using ada? if using then shouldnt be a prob...do you dose dry ferts?
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Kno3 is not trace elements..

Anyway Andrew.. told you already last time i saw you on msn... i really think its a No3 problem..

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    heh sorry about it, but fe is rite? Hmmm anyway i was wondering if you actually dosed the dry ferts stuff, like khpo4 etc etc
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The first 2 shows the runners already brown. The last one shows a still surviving one. It like a disease.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi ppl,
    Could anyone help here I have the same problem with andrew. But slightly different is the rest of the plant is still growing alittle. My glosso is doing fine, both of them were planted at the same time. I'm not using a chiller or fan though could this be the problem? Temperature??!
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    So cut off those rotting parts already. And they're planted and not floating around in your tank I guess?

I'm not big on fertilisation stuff, Peter can help you there. But if it's really the rare case of an aquatic disease (even Amano says they're damn rare) I'd remove the rotting parts promptly and give the remaining surviving plant the best conditions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Juz read thro' you guys encounters. Seems like i hv the same problem too. My plants are rooting but turns yellow for some reasons. Temp: varies betw. 26 & 28 degree. Perhaps must really use a fan? How a chiller looks like?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am using a seasoned Lapis which used to support rannestone's seasoned 4ft tank and base fert is dennerle also from him. The roots are still whittish but its the nodes. My temp hovers ard 26-27
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe Jus would like to share here, he's was growing well the last I heard from him. Could you share? Ranmasatome.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i dont know leh.. i have no problems with mine.. i just chucked them into the lapis and they started to run like siao..

my tank conditions are..
    temp : 24-26
    No3 : 10ppm (4 times weekly)
    po4 : 1.5ppm (4 times weekly)
    Seachem Iron : 5.5ml (4 times weekly)
    Seachem Trace and Flourish : 10ml (4 times weekly)
    4.4wpg
    4bps

As you can see i'm running the ferts quite high.. so maybe thats why they doing well in my tank.. oh.. and also..this tank got ZERO algae.. Glass cleaned every 2 weeks.

HTH..

oh.. i also noticed that when this plant ran in my tank.. it was usually not rooted.. meaning to say that the runners run above the substrate..then when the plant grew out.. it attached to the substrate slowly as it matured.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Andrew.. yours looks like stem death leh.. perhaps too dark?? and the plant looks suffocated by bba.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I also thought temp could be the main "culprit", cos my erect moss are not doing well . I asked bro Ockly who has really beautiful erect moss & he said temp could be a factor. Btw, i am surprised u all here r using lapis too . Though i am on the wrong track . juz that i don hv substrate, & my lapis with black quartz seems too soft for proper rooting?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ranma's temperature is 24-26, would say that's a prime suspect. Mine is also heavily fertilised using seachem's daily dosage program. Lighting is also strong only without cooling element. Hmmm......does anybody have any clues to share??
    Btw, the rooting part might be another area we might want to explore. The 1s I have dying is those with the shoots under gravel, those surviving are those young shoot above gravel.( crawling along ).Hmm.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    andrewtyr, add the following to the tank and keep up on the water changes and removal of algae/dead leaves.

Remove algae/dead leaves/clean filter
    50-80% water changes weekly
    1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 or 10ppm of NO3 of any source every other day.
    1/32 teaspoon of KH2PO4 (1.5-2ppm) or any source every other day along with the KNO3.
    5ml of easylife every other apart from the KNO3/KH2PO4.
    Your plants should pearl well after a day or a couple of days depending on how bad their condition is. If you don't see that, check the CO2 and maybe change to something that mixes the CO2 better.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by michael lai
    Ranma's temperature is 24-26, would say that's a prime suspect. Mine is also heavily fertilised using seachem's daily dosage program. Lighting is also strong only without cooling element. Hmmm......does anybody have any clues to share??
    Btw, the rooting part might be another area we might want to explore. The 1s I have dying is those with the shoots under gravel, those surviving are those young shoot above gravel.( crawling along ).Hmm.....
    yes, I am suspecting the rooting part as well. The crawlers are still ok, but the rooted portions are dying at a fast rate.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Bro.. listen to peter la.. you can try both the root thing and peters regime.. it really works and wont attract algae one.. Really...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    Bro.. listen to peter la.. you can try both the root thing and peters regime.. it really works and wont attract algae one.. Really...
    The thing is that I also dose Easylife too, isn't that a double dosage?
    Cheers,
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast