1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

curled crypt leaves

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Need some advice from bro here . My crypt leaves are curling . Is it because lack of calcium ? Will the coral chip (handful) do the trick ?

Thanks !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe more parameters would help determine the real issue rather than jumping to wild conclusions.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Peter :

I am dosing the EI method and WC 50% weekly. CO2 > 30ppm definitely as PH 6.0 (stagnant water in container around 6.6) , 3 dKH.

NPK are from Dr Mallick. Micro is Rexolin from Dr Mallick also.

Lighting hrs 2 hrs PL (110W) , 4 hrs MH (2x150w) x 1hr PL (110w).

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon
    Peter :

I am dosing the EI method and WC 50% weekly. CO2 > 30ppm definitely as PH 6.0 (stagnant water in container around 6.6) , 3 dKH.

NPK are from Dr Mallick. Micro is Rexolin from Dr Mallick also.

Lighting hrs 2 hrs PL (110W) , 4 hrs MH (2x150w) x 1hr PL (110w).

Cheers
    Not too sure about what the Rexolin contains but perharps changing to another commercial trace product like flourish or TMG would help. Are you getting good pearling rates for your tank?

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    No pearling , unless I crank up my CO2 and drop PH to 5.6. Question here, the collected tank water stagnant in a container overnight read 6.6. During and after lighting & co2 injection, the PH 5.9-6.0. Morning/before lighting is around 6.1-6.2. With this, is the CO2/dKH/PH table still applicable ? If so, the CO2 ppm has reached 90 already.

Also, previously when I cranked CO2 upto PH 5.6, even though it is pearling, it may pearl for 2 days, subsequent days would not . Daily dosing using EI was still going on. BBA is rampant on DW, nana, E. Tenellus, crypt.

Just bought Profito easilife and observe if the crypt improves. Checked thru Chuck's website, curle leave may due to lack of calcium, but Profito lack Ca.

I had been doing EI for 7-8 mths, but no improvement in the tank condition with all the suggestion provided by all the bro forumers. Each change and observation minimum 1 month.

Spoke to Roland few days back, and advised to reduce NO3 and dose only during WC, no PO4, daily dose K2SO4, and dose Profito during WC. WC 50% every 2 weeks. Lighting 2hr PL, 4hr MH , 1 hr PL. CO2 > 30ppm. Right now remove as much as BBA infected leaves and observe for 1 week if condition improve or deteriate.

Any comment ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Keep up on the dosing via EI and use the Profito as trace to replace the rexolin. Cutting the nutrients would not help things and will worsen the conditions of plants. My bet on your problem is CO2. The BBA tells you one thing whereas the test kit tells the other. Which do you think will lie to you? Ignore the test kit and add more CO2 slowly and over a couple of days between each bubble rate increase. Watch the critters behaviour carefully on the day of the rate increase especially near the end of the photoperiod. They should not be breathing heavily or else you have gone too far. Shut the CO2 off at night and have some slight surface movement (not a lot...those using AC fans seems too much) for purging of excess CO2. Keep doing the slow incremental method till the plants are pearling good and algae retards.

Note that EI takes the possible risk of nutrients running out/low out of the equation and the only possible thing that is left is CO2 unless your lights are grossly under the LCP (most folks have too much light). All you need to focus is only one thing and that is CO2. If you are scare that the Ca or Mg is running low, adding Equilibrium is a better option but coral chips will do fine as well but needs monitoring in case it runs out.

Regards
    Peter Gwee