Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

white sterbai?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i just discovered that one of my sterbai had lost its colors.. and became pale.. what happened??? can any fellas out there help???[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sick []
    where r u? ur icq not on?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh dear... i tried to use the japanese yellow powder for fin rot too.... will that be sufficient???[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    u separate from the main t ank than treat it with little bit of the medicine can liao... but dun think can surive ... sorry

Feedback Score
    actually i wonld not recommend yellow powder for fin rot or any other sickness for that matter. main reason ... the dosage for it is never clear, and varies from one keeper to another.

use the oceanfree series, in my opinion is much safer and more effective too.

my two cents worth.

ps: and i thot u r talking abt albino sterbai ......
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    rain, very curious, sterbai also has albino? i read that albino only in aeneus & peppered. that'll be interesting, a pinky sterbai with orange pectoral fins? i think sterbais are very cute, lah!

kelvin, leann is right. use the jap yellow powder with caution. i know it's very popular in the betta community here, and their dosage used varies for each individuals! too little may not have effect, too much will send your fish upside down in no time. you used that before?

i use this jyp on my bettas when they don't look ok, but then dosage is estimated.

your sterbai turned white? sorry, can't help you here cos my dead corys either from internal bacteria (became skinny) or fungus (in pandas).

i've succeeded in curing a finrot case on one of my albino corys before. can't remember what i used, though...[] will let you know if i can recall.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    florence, ask Allen.. he got some albino sterbai some time ago... very cute

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    simon, thanks, wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! think i've to try even harder to get permission to sqeeze in another tank now! tried my luck this morning, but failed![] saw a nice 2ft oceanfree tank set at a new lfs at the foot of our block, very tempted. and now with more plecory-ideas from you guys & gals...[:0]

kelvin, got it! the medicine i used for finrot on that albino cory (aeneus), was MELAFIX. it's a transparent liquid, some people like it, some don't...

i use it mainly for finrot on my bettas with success, before i tried on my cory. but then, your sterbai's case is not finrot, right?

anyway, i also use melafix when i quarantine newly-bought fishes. and i used it once before, when fishes in my "old" 2ft tank looked "sad", and it worked.

ha, i know of someone who hates melafix cos he claimed that it killed his bettas! wrong dosage? i think main reason is that with betta in a small container without filter, one cannot follow the instructions on the box. (i changed the betta's water EVERYDAY and remedicate each time instead). anyway, he said the remainder can be kept as airfreshener![]

good luck, kelv!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/30/2002 9:37:36 AM

very curious, sterbai also has albino? i read that albino only in aeneus & peppered. that'll be interesting, a pinky sterbai with orange pectoral fins? i think sterbais are very cute, lah!

----------------
    Flor ! u're right ! albino sterbais are pinky with orange pectoral fins - beli cute ! , bought them from Qian Hu, think I got them for 4 or 5 bucks/pc. I'll update u if I happen to see them, cheers ! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelvin... try oceanfree T one .... works for me... use itfor prevention right now

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ALAMAK! allen, thank you beli much, ah! albino sterbai beli cute, i beli "cham"![]

phyobia now, anyhow "gasak" also right! corymania may become coryphyobia![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/30/2002 2:10:54 PM

ALAMAK! allen, thank you beli much, ah! albino sterbai beli cute, i beli "cham"![]

phyobia now, anyhow "gasak" also right! corymania may become coryphyobia![]
    ----------------
    Wah ! die ! cham ! What have I done ! ! ! cham ! cham ! symptons of P-L-E-C-O-R-Y-M-A-N-I-A ! [] [] , Think take L46 once a week should do the healing ![] []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ah, i've already got all your remedies listed:

1) burn L-numbers aqualog, mix with water and drink. hmm, maybe drop in a couple of plecochips too?

2) take a L46 once a week. hello, L46 lovers will kill me!!![]

aiyah, think i'll go and build a house next to gan's!!![] [] []

by the way, my L134 still sulking, sometimes with his nose sticking out of the water surface! ha, i caught him on another part of the tank glass this morning, so hope he did indeed come off last night to look for food! he's so flat on the glass, hard to see his tummy whether he's starving![]

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    any idea.. befuran works???
    went to check on my pandas today.. 3 of them kenna fungus.. sigh... the rest of the community is happily swimming ard.. took them out already.. and preparing for last rites soon.. hopefully can reduce the 'carnage'....

Feedback Score
    kelvin, in the case of finrot do give oceanfree's anti-bacteria a try. cos it works on my fish well enough.

during such times, its of cos good to upkeep good water parameters and additional dosage of salt would not be too much.

all the best.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelv, i tried befuran when i was told that it's the same as jyp, but instructions in english. no, nothing happened with befuran. sorry...