Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question on EI and waterchange

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Doing EI method... Getting tired of weekly waterchanges...

If the aim of EI is to prevent deficiencies, and to ensure there is no fert that is in short supply, then shouldn't it be OK that I don't do any waterchange?

I mean if I keep up with the dosing, there will surely be enough for any fert that's short. And since there is no risk of algae even from excess of the other ferts because we use inorganic ferts, It means that I can delay the water changes... right??

Maybe make it once a month waterchange just to prevent built up fert from getting to toxic levels.

Any thoughts?
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Go non-CO2 then. Daily fish feeding and no water changes. Dose only when you see deficiencies with fastest growing plant in the tank (the rate is about 5-10x lesser to that of normal EI).

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Hougang, Singapore / Tg Balai Karimun, Indonesia
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee
    Go non-CO2 then. Daily fish feeding and no water changes. Dose only when you see deficiencies with fastest growing plant in the tank (the rate is about 5-10x lesser to that of normal EI).
    Ya lah, but I'm a sucker for pearling and without CO2 induced pearls the tank just won't make it in my books. So on the topic of water change on monthly basis, any experience, thoughts, caveats, advice?
    Warm regards,

Lawrence Lee

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Philippians 4:8

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If it builds up for some reason, your critters will suffer but if you are good at eyeballing things, you might be able to dose just enough each week and minimize potential of buildup to toxic levels. Consider using of equipments to make water changes more easy. I never touch a bucket now for water changes except a long hose plus a PVC tube hang on device specially made for water changes.

Regards
    Peter Gwee