Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Shrimp question

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    everytime i change water or top up the amount of water my shrimps start acting weird! they start to swim around and move faster. they also tend to climb to the water surface. can anybody help me pls

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkarboy
    everytime i change water or top up the amount of water my shrimps start acting weird! they start to swim around and move faster. they also tend to climb to the water surface. can anybody help me pls
    How much water change / top up you do? Shirmps are very sensitive to drastic change in the water parameter
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    so what can i do when i change water to avoid this?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi there,

btw what shrimp u keeping? IME, my yamato shrimps will swim to the water surface and swim very fast in the tank whenever i switched on the light and do water changes. Later then i found out they were hungry as there is no algae left in my tank, they are actually looking for food.

Cheers ,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't change so much water, about 1/3 should be alright. Shrimp are very sensitive to fluctuations in pH, chlorine, etc..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkarboy
    Most shrimps I kept before were very sensitive to changes in the water (like what Wackytpt suggested). Many years back when I uprooted quite alot of stem plant during a session of water change; exposing quite alot of laterite my yamatos behaved like the way you described and later all of them died with body turning red before they die. And boy they die really slowly..

In the earlier days of keeping planted tank I did not use anti-chlorine (and all the anti this-&-that) and my shrimps would behave the same way. Some of them would die after water change along with some fishes. I remembered seeing a seemingly healthy looking boraras swimming across a jet of tap-water and immediately turned turtle and died !

After that lorba (I think) introduced me to use aqua plus from Nutrafin and the rest is history..

BTW if Nutrafin would like to pay me commission pls PM me. Thanks.