Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    here's one interesting article.

well there are some malay kawan² here, BFG and Nizz, hello!
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    I think u guys are talking about belinjo, very common in indonesia. Sold in packets like those keropok, some malay dry goods store got sell the type that is not fried yet.

Belinjo is a nut that looks like kana, and erm they will crush the nut then mix with flour or some without flour. Then make into a paste, lastly they make it flat then go deep fry with chili or juz plain.

YUmmY YUmmy.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    trevor, thanks for the tips! forgot you also eurasian like my godsister, so now i know she's right. []

so next time any of you see a fat old lady near any of these trees in lor halus area, pretend never see ok?
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Welcome anytime boss. Anyway what don see the fat lady ? Yr godsister ? Sorry ah.. Ermm, she also told u the same thing as i said ?

Cheers
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    trevor, the fat lady will be me lah! plucking those fruits for my belinjo keropok! []

yeah, she mentioned the same use for me before, i just didn't pay much attention then. []
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 10/21/2002 12:45:06 AM

trevor, the fat lady will be me lah! plucking those fruits for my belinjo keropok! []

yeah, she mentioned the same use for me before, i just didn't pay much attention then. []
    ----------------
    Hi,

Ohhhhhh.. Ehh.. If u know those fruits are for belinjo keropok still thank me for the tip for what ? haha.. Oh..i see ur godsister mentioned it before but u just wan an confirmation huh ? oh ok..hehe cook some for me also lehz..haha
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    choy, usu I pick up those freshly dropped leaves (oxymoron here?). Anyway, just those reddish ones and maneable enuf to tahan your washing. then just dry them for a week or so lor - then you get clean sea almond leaves - all pack with humic acid and tanin. free some more - pay for a pack of those - dun need lah - will feel you kana conned[]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    flor,

make for next AQ gathering leh.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Coryfav, mostly it's the keropok that I consume. Spoke 2 my mom just now n she says the fruit can be boiled n consumed. The leaves can also be used in certain dishes too![]
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    trevor, vinz, i'll just pop into one of the indonesian restaurants and buy some for you lah! [] the last few times i was there, noticed the fruits were already gone - guess more people into fishkeeping = more people knows about those "valuable trees" already! [:]

bfg, now that you told us about the leaves, those poor trees will soon become "botak" too! [:0]

well, actually the park authorities should consider replacing some of these trees (like those near the dog hotel) to ketapang for the benefits of fishkeepers. buy fish or fish food or accessories, get free leaves! []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Coryfav, only new young leaves are pluck, not old ones. Anyway if u r going 2 make the belinjo keropok, certain shops do sell the uncooked, ready made ones in packet. Just buy a few packet, get your wok, pour in ur cooking oil. Once the oil has heated up, just dump in the uncooked keropok in. Takes a few second 4 the thing 2 cook coz of the hot oil. Don't dump all in 1 shot, just a handful at a time. If the color turn darker, it means u have overcooked the keropok. Get a big plate n place a few folded paper towel. U then placed the cooked keropok on the plate. The paper towel will soaked the extra oil. U can keep ur keropok in those plastic airtight container n can last long. In my household however, none will be left after a couple of days. [] []
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    there is a ketapang in the mermaid (irwana) compound.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 10/21/2002 2:33:30 PM

Coryfav, only new young leaves are pluck, not old ones. Anyway if u r going 2 make the belinjo keropok, certain shops do sell the uncooked, ready made ones in packet. Just buy a few packet, get your wok, pour in ur cooking oil. Once the oil has heated up, just dump in the uncooked keropok in. Takes a few second 4 the thing 2 cook coz of the hot oil. Don't dump all in 1 shot, just a handful at a time. If the color turn darker, it means u have overcooked the keropok. Get a big plate n place a few folded paper towel. U then placed the cooked keropok on the plate. The paper towel will soaked the extra oil. U can keep ur keropok in those plastic airtight container n can last long. In my household however, none will be left after a couple of days. [] []
    ----------------

Hi, u jakupped the same thing i said..hehe..
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234