Advertise here

Advertise here
    anyone using them now?

how do you find them?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    r these the wet/dry cannister filters? if so, I oso curious to find how good they are

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Are they planted tank freindly........ the dry part is like a trickle system rite..... no probs of co2 loss?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i had asked a few ppl over the net, and seems like they gave it good reviews.
    here is one reply :

"
    (1)There is a float valve that is activated by the water level in the canister...when it is open it allows the exhaust to be drawn through two openings at the bottom of the canister..when it is closed it only allows the exhaust to be drawn through one much smaller opening thus slowing the exhaust rate and allowing the canister to refill..there is a third hose attached to the filter that allows air in and out of the filter thus exchanging the gases.

(2)The operating height is not critical but it is important as it effects how fast the filter can drain and hence how much flow through you have per hour...the unit comes with an insert that limits the intake rate, thus allowing the filter to function over a greater height..but there is a limit to how high the tank can be for the filter to actually fill and empty at the needed rate...if the tank is too low it should not be too much of a problem.

(3) The main drawback is that the actual flow rate at the spray bar is not as high as comparable non wet/dry units hence you don't get as much of a current in the tank....the float valves do break fairly easily if you are not careful and the unit will not function without it...
    The main advantage is that it holds no media except the bio media and once the bacteria are established this unit will eat surprisingly large pieces of debris...you will only have to open this filter maybe once a year, for rinsing and you never have to replace the media also waste conversion is very very fast. "

I heard that due to the very efficient gas exchange, it may be tricky to be used for planted tanks.
    however, i feel if CO2 input levels are adjusted accordingly and ph fluctuations kept in check for that matter, there is no reason why a planted tank shouldnt use a good filter too.

actually i am using one now, but it is only running for a week or so. I submerge the entire output tube in the water(dont like rainbar). and the water comes out in waves.

mine is 2nd hand...3months old got at 200$.

from Eheim webpage :

The EHEIM professionelwet/dry filters offer efficiency surpassing that of a trickle filter. The water movement within the filter is bi-directional allowing for extended contact time between bacteria colonies, oxygen and toxins, which are thus decomposed much more rapidly than in a traditional filter

Decomposition of ammonium - 73% faster, nitrite - -67% faster.
    Exchange of oxygen and CO2 is accomplished by means of displacement through the specially designed breathing tube.
    The water output pulsates as the filter fills and empties, achieving a wavelike action.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wanted to get a 2229 last time myself too , but checked out comments over the net (doing a search in google) , seems many face problems with it and they break down easily.
    Had no personal experience with them but after reading those comments , got kinda put off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what were the exact problems they faced?

i didnt see any parts that have possibility of breaking down so far.