Country
    Singapore

Nelp help on something

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what is the kind of rubbish larvae type thing living in my planted tank. It looks very much like a shrimp without the hunch almost transparent in colour and swims like a snake. Around 2-2.5cm long. I caught a few at one time a few weeks ago and got 1 every other week. It's been a month now. Never had this problem before. only added a few plants 2-3 months ago. I find some dead shrimps every now and then got a feeling its the larvae but the shrimps die almost untouched.

I'm unable to take any photos yet. Please help me with all you guys can in the mean while. It's disturbing to me. Everytime I remove them my shrimps become active and everytime there's this thingy in my tank I can't find my shrimps. I 've got a few fishes but not big enough to eat these things.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A bit hard to figure out without pictures...

Shrimp like without the hunch... and most likely feasting on your shrimp... This makes me think dragonfly nymph.

See this thread for the pictures. Also search the forum for "dragonfly". There's been a few posts (with more pictures of variants) about them already.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    A bit hard to figure out without pictures...

Shrimp like without the hunch... and most likely feasting on your shrimp... This makes me think dragonfly nymph.

See this thread for the pictures. Also search the forum for "dragonfly". There's been a few posts (with more pictures of variants) about them already.
    Thanks again Vinz.

Through the description and pictures, it only tells me only thing it is not suppose to be in my tank. But after hunting so many I still have 1 every other week. When will this stop is my question. Maybe I should clean out my canister?? Thought of overhauling my tank cause of the algae problem due to lack of maintanence and improper lighting and CO2 inputs. How can I totally clear the aliens. I don't want to find these creautures every other week. It just makes me mad.

Thanks once again