Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cutest Nippers

Feedback Score

Cutest Nippers

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sigh.... this morning, saw my LFS have pufferfish..... it's so CUTE!!!, so i bought 2, after choosing for a long time to find those with nice fins and nice body colour. U know what tank i have? A small 1.5 ft community tank... I swear, the little puffers are the cutest fishes i've ever seen.... I vaguely remembered reading something bad about puffers, so i asked my friendly LFS owner.... Boss ah? can i keep the puffer with other small fishes? He said YES. I was a little doubtful, so I asked another guy helping out at the shop. He also said YES. so, i proceeded to choose 2 of the cutest ones.... 2 so they have company mah...
    Then the whole day, i kept staring at the little puffers, coz they are so cute! THen i started to worry, coz they seemed completely uninterested with the flakes that i throw in leh.... so, i came online to check up on what they eat... then i found out that they like live foods like snails. I was thinking, maybe i should get snails to feed them then... then i read more horror stories...."my puffer nipped away my tetras' fins".... I thought, maybe my puffers are different, they've been behaving the whole day leh.... then, i went up to my tank for another inspection... true enuff, i caught the puffer's cute little eyes rotating for a good bite and it nipped my other fishes's tails! it's so sad.... they are so cute, but i can't have them... anybody wants to adopt them? they are malabar puffers. anyone can give these cute little nippers a home? otherwise, i'll have to beg the fish shop to take them back.... pl email [email protected] ... thank you!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    jus go back to yr lfs and have them change with someother fish.. one puffer is enuff to create chaos.. 2 makes things worse.. they do feed on bloodworms too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    ...."my puffer nipped away my tetras' fins"....
    ----------------
    Hmm .. sounds like my sentence.

BTW, if you are keeping dwarf puffers, try feeding them with live blood worms. My puffy seems to love those live blood worms as compared to any other live food. Maybe if you feed them with enuf bloodworms, they may leave your other fish alone?!?

hi shiki,
    i've a figure8 puffer. if u intend to keep your puffers & don't wish/ can't find bloodworms regularly, i suggest buying prawns from market. chop the prawn into very fine pieces & feed it to them using pincers. mine will approach the pincers come feeding time. if u feed them enough, they most probably will stop harassing the other fishes. hope this helps

Feedback Score
    yah, I was quoting someone's sentence, apparently yours.... it sounds so scary, i didn't dare to leave my puffers in there for a moment longer [:]

I've returned them to the lfs, gave them to the uncle foc. didn't wanna risk a tank of finless fishes....

but the post above sounds so cool.... to have the puffers come up when u give them prawn!! but still, i'm too lazy to feed them with special treatment la....

cheers & ciao.....