Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

"Up" Brand of Base Fertiliser

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone used this particular brand of base fert? The brand is "Up" and the base fert looks like fine sand. Not the normal kind of texture that most base ferts have. I was thinking of using this product to set up my 3x2x2 tank and covering it with about 3 packs of ADA Amazonia. What do you guys think?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone care to give any suggestions?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't think anyone has seen this "UP" brand of base fert. =/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for replying Squee. Do you know of any brand of fertiliser that does not have the soil kind of texture but more to the fine sand kind of feel?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Soil texture... what comes to mind is Ferka's Aquabase. Check out GreenChapter's website for details.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    greenchapter has some range of products at teo's farm. maybe you can check it out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer
    Has anyone used this particular brand of base fert? The brand is "Up" and the base fert looks like fine sand. Not the normal kind of texture that most base ferts have. I was thinking of using this product to set up my 3x2x2 tank and covering it with about 3 packs of ADA Amazonia. What do you guys think?
    if the fertiliser is so fine, be careful it might sip through the ada aquasoil. it might cause the water to be cloudy
    don't worry, be happy

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    well, the only sand type of fert i come across is the one by JBJ which is quite good. However, i had an UP brand base fert which was in larger pieces but it proved to be quite good too, UP should be an ok brand i guess. Hmmm are 3 packs of ADA sufficient for the covering of you tank?
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Phillipians may I know what is the name of the JBJ base fert? And where to get it and whats the cost? The UP brand base fert, did it come in a white and green container? I bought it at Tampines when I first started out but now the LFS has closed down. Do you know where else it is available?

3 packs should be sufficient I suppose. Worse come to worse I will get more...

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i ll pm you the price, btw both are found in C328.in my opinion, the JBJ one is better and its white powder form.
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

JBJ..average base fert

JBJ .. average base fert with a price affordable to many.. SO far is good to most people..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Decided to get Seachem Onyx Sand for my tank. Bought 8 packs. Quite a heavy investment....

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow you sure are investing a huge amount but well, its better to start off well

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians
    wow you sure are investing a huge amount but well, its better to start off well
    yes... yes...... must start off well.

me did not start off well and end up having to re-do almost everything. cost me more money and time.
    don't worry, be happy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer
    Decided to get Seachem Onyx Sand for my tank. Bought 8 packs. Quite a heavy investment....
    I'm curious to know why the decision to decide on Onyx sand instead of ADA amazonia ? Care to share

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro, I was deciding between ADA and Seachem but I decided to get Seachem because it doesn't disintegrate. ADA will disintegrate into some kind of slush after awhile. Thats the main reason. Also because I have itchy fingers I like to rescape quite often. But with the ADA turning to slush I can't do that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Onyx has buffering capability. Its more alkaline while ADA is rather acidic.
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    An afternoon trimming my watery garden is better
    then an afternoon with a therapist
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*