Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: dead moss and dark green hairy algae..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation dead moss and dark green hairy algae..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello Reader,

My low-tech, shrimp tank had been with me for about 2months+ and it's doing well.
    Except that, recently, upon closer look inside the tank, i saw something unsightly.

I saw those moss which were previously attached to the stones are dark green. They seemed to be dead. On top of these dead moss, the new ones covered them which made the ugly moss invisible when viewed in a distance.
    That, i don't really mind.

what i really mind was that, i saw dark green, hairy algae growth below the young growing moss.. Will this be a threat to my tank? Will they destroy my moss eventually? Auctually, i found out about those hairy algae about 1month ago and i thought it will disappear soon. But i was wrong.
    They grew and grew. Now, in an acceptable distance, those dark green hairy aglae could be seen!! Oh my.. please help..

Can anything be done to get rid of them? I heard that those hairy ones are difficult to rid off.

Alvin

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    haha sua must remove urself and get some chemical to destroy the algea hahaz

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My advice will be get rid of the moss and buy new ones, no point wasting time trying to remove them. You must have tied them too thickly when you arranged them

Meanwhile, if you want to solve it instead, you can get some Yamatos (heard they consume that hair algae thing, but not staghorn algae), and double check your conditons depending on whether your tank is non-CO2 or CO2.