Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Heating Cable

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    1 LFS recommended that I use a heating cable for my intended 4' tank. The owner claimed that it would help plant growth and the nutrients in the substrate would last longer. Such cable costs more than $200, not mentioning the additional electricity cost! Perhaps such money should be used for better subtrate? Comments pls. Tks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't bother to waste the money. Spend it on a pressurised CO2 set would be the best since CO2 aka Carbon is the biggest nutrient for a plant.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Heating cables in Singapore? Abit impractical.

Spend it on a good substrate like Powersand+Aquasoil combo or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tks chaps. Have bought a pressurised CO2 sys. Are both the Powersand and Aquasoil from ADA? Vaguely remember reading in another thread. I read of substrate leaking thru the gravel. Will this happen if I use these? What will be the quantitiy required of each for a 4 x 2 x 2 tank? And more importantly, what will be the $$$$ damage? Cheers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ehlim
    Tks chaps. Have bought a pressurised CO2 sys. Are both the Powersand and Aquasoil from ADA? Vaguely remember reading in another thread. I read of substrate leaking thru the gravel. Will this happen if I use these? What will be the quantitiy required of each for a 4 x 2 x 2 tank? And more importantly, what will be the $$$$ damage? Cheers.

Powersand and Aquasoil are from ADA. For a 4x2x2 tank expect to spend a few hundreds
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano