Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

whats wrong with my tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i jus set up a 2 feet planted tank..it has been ard for abt a week half. im using nutrafin co2 and providing 35W of light for 12 hours everyday. encouter several problems which i cant solve

1)y is my riccia not bubbling? i definitely think the co2 is enough cos it destroyed all my cherry shrimps..suffocated them

2)i jus place some plants inside..foxtrot(look like camboba), the enxt day is see all the leaves of the plant falling off..i have added liquid fert and im kinda puzzled.

the moss in my tank is growing really well...green shoots all over the place..so i hope anyone u can any idea wads wrong with my tank pls help!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyingzhou
    i jus set up a 2 feet planted tank..it has been ard for abt a week half. im using nutrafin co2 and providing 35W of light for 12 hours everyday. encouter several problems which i cant solve

1)y is my riccia not bubbling? i definitely think the co2 is enough cos it destroyed all my cherry shrimps..suffocated them

2)i jus place some plants inside..foxtrot(look like camboba), the enxt day is see all the leaves of the plant falling off..i have added liquid fert and im kinda puzzled.

the moss in my tank is growing really well...green shoots all over the place..so i hope anyone u can any idea wads wrong with my tank pls help!
    1)You need to make sure your nutrients are in order as well. (N,P,K,GH and traces). Riccia pearls readily and responds quicker to CO2 change than any other plant I know. If its not pearling, I doubt the CO2 is good. The shrimps die probably of NH3/NH4 or poor O2.

2)Likely CO2 issue then.

You need to fill in the data sheet in order for us to help you more. DIY CO2 is tricky and you will need to put in alot of work for it to do well.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i used lush grow and s7 oligo elements as my liquid fert
    the co2 is from nutrafin

there's a flipper to adjust the amount of co2..when i reduced it and added new shrimps the shrimps surivived alright and my fish stopped breathing heavily when the light is off.
    practically all the leaves of the foxtrot plant is gone except for the topmost new shoots...cant be tt my rummy noses nibble off all the leaves rite..no sign of the plant dying thou..healthy looking stem and colour

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your lighting of 35W is a bit low.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    tt was wad i was thinking too..tts y im getting another tube of 18W
    but its really weird tt all the leaves fall off in jus only 6 hours
    trace elements shd have been sufficient cos i jus changed 1/2 of the water and added fert before putting the plant in.

and the plant cant jus shed all its leaves cos of the lack of trace in such a short period..or could it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    tanyingzhou,

Check your GH. A rapid change in GH can cause shedding of leaves especially fine leaves.
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    An afternoon trimming my watery garden is better
    then an afternoon with a therapist
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    how much is a test kit of GH?