Advertise here

Advertise here
    AGA 2005 contest results!

Standard has really improved

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    After looking at a few of the paludariums, I REALLY feel bad for my CFBs... I wanna custom build a paludarium for them liao...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, congrats to Lorba for winning the second place in the paludarium section...

Funny though as they state: Roland Seah, Singapore Singapore Singapore... The data too inflexible...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congratulations to Green Chapter!

Feedback Score
    Congratulations to all of the AQ members who participated in the AGA contest! Your skill has been a major factor in increasing the overall quality of the contest in the past few years and this year is no exception.

Regards,
    Phil Edwards

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Congrats !

but why so few entries from sg ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congrats to Roland!
    Must have been hard work setting up that 5m tank!

Thanks also to Steven Hii, for representing Singapore.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    I do not understand how that guy won in the large category..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yea the large category was bad. I was quite surprised... what's up with the plant sticking out on the right? Totally out of place imho.

This one made the best impression to me out of all the tanks in the large category. I can't click with those stemmed plants tanks.

Some others I found nice:

Hope I don't contribute to bandwidth problems

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia
    I think the judges comments are what i have issues with this year.
    Clearly the standard is up and the bar has been raised.
    I feel more constructive comments should be made.
    How often did we see:
    "It's a shame that there is some clouding to the water at the time these photos were taken. " ---Karen Randall"
    Also I really liked alan chan's work and Mike just said this curtly:
    Perhaps in need to re visit Hawaii Beach ." ---Mike Senske
    WHATS UP WITH THAT?

Also i thought:

was good. but they didn't get it, said it was too red. If you read the title, it's called "Spring Scenery" probably referring to the cherry blossoms in bloom or what not. But i guess the judges have let their ignorance on this issue get the better of their judgement.

Also i feel that there's alot of 'kaki lang' (own people) going on, i.e. for oliver's nano setup,

come on.. Unique and Original? He copied it from a movie for one. Two, the shot was poor and it looked like everything was thrown in just there and then, including the ball of moss dead center.. I'm sorry but I know Oliver's better than that.

I'm amazed by this year's entires, dissapointed with the judging.
    Congrats to Roland, nonetheless, and Hat's off to Carolz Sanchez for going against the flow.
    All Men Die . . . . Few Actually Live.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    I feel that there is a cultural difference.. they just cant fully understand where we are coming from being in the western culture. so obviously... the judgement will be a little biased...albeit i'm not saying that the judges are not good..some of them are world class.. but its just a different mentality.

i dont think they wont be able to understand somethings AS WELL (NOT that they dont understand, just not as well) as we asians can.. for example.. cherry blossoms singalling spring, cicadas calling that tell people summer is ending, local "longkang" biotope, SEA biotope tanks (crypts and what not) the different looking mountainous regions in china... just to name a few... i mean they just cant cos they dont see it day in day out like we do... so what we find beautiful is just different to them. Thats why its so important to have a panel of judges taht ranges from different races and places. Just look at some of the AGA judges from previous years and you'll see what i mean..