Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: what is this plants and where to buy?

Feedback Score

what is this plants and where to buy?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    those tall and thin grass in the back of tank. are they hairgrass? long hairgrass? where to buy them in singapore? thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I saw it at Teo's aquatic farm.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, those are long hairgrass, but I believe the sp. shown is not common here, the local type are not as nice.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I saw long hairgrass at the c328 shops.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, that's long harigrass... Heh heh... I most likely will be selling my long hairgrass... Do let me know if you want them...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Yes, that's long harigrass... Heh heh... I most likely will be selling my long hairgrass... Do let me know if you want them...
    so it's called Eleocharis vivipara. can i get some from you to try first? where do you stay? thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Eleocharis is almost impossible to identify from sight so as long as it's long, take it

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha... Ya, Terence, agree. Mine looks slightly different from the one shown in the pic in this thread. I ID-ed it based on the Aquarium Plant Handbook and they only have 1 name each for long HG, HG and dwarf HG...

Liuhao: I am at Jurong West but this weekend I am only available on Sat noon time if you want to view it at my place. Let me know lah...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    That is definitely Eleocharis vivipara. You can tell because it grows plantlets off of the leaves as in the picture. That is how it keeps getting taller. It can be very messy looking if you don't keep it well trimmed. As is in the picture though, it is very striking when well maintained.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aaron, are there species that grow by runners like the regular hairgrass?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    Aaron, are there species that grow by runners like the regular hairgrass?
    Vivipara spreads by runners also from what I understand. I'm pretty certain that all Eleocharis species do. It just happens to also have the adventitious plants on the leaves that gives it that wild look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronT
    That is definitely Eleocharis vivipara. You can tell because it grows plantlets off of the leaves as in the picture. That is how it keeps getting taller. It can be very messy looking if you don't keep it well trimmed. As is in the picture though, it is very striking when well maintained.
    today went to C328 an saw Polyart got some for sale in their tanks. walau...really messy. it's indeed Eleocharis vivipapa but it looked no where close to what we can see in above picture. lost confidence liao. cant imagine how much trimming, cutting, combing needed to achieve the same result...