Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: AQ Photo Gallery Launched!

AQ Photo Gallery Launched!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys!!

A picture speaks a thousand words and this is especially true for the aquatic hobby. As such, Aquatic Quotient is proud to present another enhancement to the site - the Aquatic Quotient Photo Gallery!!

Access this new gallery here or click on the new navigation bar on the top right hand corner.

The new gallery will feature a comprehensive structure to allow members to upload aquatic and aquatic related images for viewing and forum discussion. Besides the Marine gallery, there are expanded Freshwater Flora and Fauna galleries, with sub galleries on major fish/plant groups. In addition, there are tank galleries, equipment and supplies galleries, event and outing galleries, as well as a dedicated gallery for marketplace. All in all, members familar with our forum layout will find it a breeze to navigate through the galleries.

Allocated storage for registered users are as follows:

• 5 MB - Users with 30 posts or more

• 2 MB - Users with less than 30 posts

• 1 MB - Users with less than 10 posts

Merchant accounts has 10 MB of gallery storage. Uploaded images should no be larger than 800 pixes wide and 200 KB in size.

We would kindly request that members respect the copyright of the respective image owners and contact them prior to using/linking any of their images outside of Aquatic Quotient. At the same time, a gentle but firm warning that members caught uploading offending images will have their gallery privileges suspended.

We hope you will enjoy the gallery and look forward to your contribution to make this feature a success.

Thank you.

Regards,
    AquaticQuotient.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congrats to AQ!
    Yes, this is a visual hobby and thus a gallery will do very well..

However, I do notice that the site has become slower since this launch..
    And I am on the office network!
    Might be worth looking into this either from a policy or technical stand-point.
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yorky
    Congrats to AQ!
    Yes, this is a visual hobby and thus a gallery will do very well..

We are expecting your inputs of apistos
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yorky

It's not our server. One of the servers in the route to the server is timing out for reasons unknown. Not within our control.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Is it possible to have a comments section with each pic?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Is it possible to have a comments section with each pic?
    Yes. It's possible. But that feature has not been implemented yet. Let's see the usage level for the gallery before we proceed with that.

My only concern is comments not direct at the subject interest, but on "Where to buy this fish ah?" and "what's your camera?" etc.

We will conduct a review on the gallery to fine tune it further.

Cheers,
    Last edited by benny; 21st Nov 2005 at 17:38.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh yes, judging from the replies to threads posted by you and the other photographers...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To be honest, MrTree has some very impressive photographs uploaded already. Choy have loads too! In the end, we may have more fish pictures than plant pictures.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    May I suggest to remove the watermark? It added noise to some of my pictures.

Either it is the watermark or the JPEG compression ratio has been set too high.
    silane

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What happened to the old plant profiles section, where you had different categories of plants, from placement in the tank to type?
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chyrl, we took it down for revamping

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_sg
    What happened to the old plant profiles section, where you had different categories of plants, from placement in the tank to type?

Last time I had problem viewing the pictures using Firefox. I hope AQ solve the problem.
    Corydoras: 2 x adolfoi, 1 x agassizii, 5 x albino aeneus, 3 x arcuatus, 4 x atropersonatus, 3 x axelrodi, 6 x axelrodi variante B, 4 x caudimaculatus, 5 x duplicareus, 8 x goldlines, 3 x kanei, 3 x loretoensis, 6 x melini, 4 x panda, 6 x schwartzi, 3 x similis, 4 x sterbai, 4 x surinamensis, 5 x trilineatus, 4 x tukano & 3 x zygatus

RIP 1 x adolfoi, 1 x albino aeneus & 2 x panda

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by silane
    May I suggest to remove the watermark? It added noise to some of my pictures.

Either it is the watermark or the JPEG compression ratio has been set too high.
    We're using a different image manipulation software now. See if your image quality is better now. We're doing our own testing as well to determine the cause of the quality drop.

Note that the gallery will resize any uploaded images to fit within our maximum image size settings (800x600, 200KB). No matter how good the image software, there will be lost in quality, whether perceptible or not. With additional manipulation, like watermarking, etc, the lost of quality will accumulate and eventually show up perceptibly.

My recommendation is that users resize their images to 800x600 and 200KB or lower with the software of choice to the desired quality, before uploading to the gallery.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have no pictures to contribute now. No plants, no cam :P

But....... will it take a long while before AQ revamp the plant profile section?
    I remembered there were some great pics on different kinds of planted tank critters too. Will you bring them back?
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_sg
    But....... will it take a long while before AQ revamp the plant profile section?
    I remembered there were some great pics on different kinds of planted tank critters too. Will you bring them back?
    Yes. I believe it will take some time to built up a comprehensive flora/fauna database.

If you look at the gallery now, we have divided the fauna into the respective major grouping and at a later stage, the description portion will be updated with relevant information where possible. The same will be the case for plants.

We will be looking for volunteers to help in that section. Interested?

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Yes. I believe it will take some time to built up a comprehensive flora/fauna database.

If you look at the gallery now, we have divided the fauna into the respective major grouping and at a later stage, the description portion will be updated with relevant information where possible. The same will be the case for plants.

We will be looking for volunteers to help in that section. Interested?

Cheers,
    I know its going to take some hard work for things to happen and you guys enjoy doing it

Volunteer to help in the gallery section....How can I help? Dust the shelves?
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz
    We're using a different image manipulation software now. See if your image quality is better now. We're doing our own testing as well to determine the cause of the quality drop.

Note that the gallery will resize any uploaded images to fit within our maximum image size settings (800x600, 200KB). No matter how good the image software, there will be lost in quality, whether perceptible or not. With additional manipulation, like watermarking, etc, the lost of quality will accumulate and eventually show up perceptibly.

My recommendation is that users resize their images to 800x600 and 200KB or lower with the software of choice to the desired quality, before uploading to the gallery.

I have uploaded some 800x600, low compression jpeg. I didnt notice much, none infact difference in the uploaded pic and what I have in my PC, so the current manipulation software is better.
    silane

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not really. What we did was disable the watermarking for now. That was the real cause of the lowered quality.