Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Canon !xus 400

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi eveyone, I got a Ixus 400 but I'm not really good at using it. I tried taking photos of my fishes and it always ends up being blurred of the whole picture is just a bring flash. Even when I'm not using the flash.

Can someone advise me how to take clear pictures?

And what is the exposure setting for? Any gurus?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    change to manual mode:

if you are very near to the object, you can use macro (flower) mode.
    if your room/tank is too dark, you can adjust to higher ISO
    if you cannot hold the camera still, you may consider a tripod.
    if you do not want to see the reflection of your flash from the glass of your tank, you may turn off the flash.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok... thanks man. But I also tried playing around with the shutter speed. How do I go about using it?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Fishes are moving object, so you need high shutter speed to avoid blur image.

If you use auto mode, the camera may lower the shutter speed in order to get enough light into your camera sensor (film). That could be the reason you get blur image.