Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Boisterous zebra danios

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys, wonder whether anyone keeps danios around here? I have bought a few for my planted tank and they seem like they're on fire chasing one another and darting around quite a bit.

I have recently observed that they like to weave in and out of my plants and I'm worried that someday as they get bigger, they'll uproot my plants by their erractic movements.

I have thought of giving them away but any alternative views, guys?

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Zebra danios? They won't get too big, 2" or less and they stay slim (slightly plump for the females when carrying eggs). How big is your tank, anyway?

Yes, the chasing around behaviour is normal. It would be bad if you have quite danios... Their chasing wround won't uproot any plants, especially so after they had rooted in the substrate...

They are very attractive and active fish... Good for surface movements... Enjoy them!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...