Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: got some new apistos...need help identifying...

got some new apistos...need help identifying...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone, I just registered to this site.

I have a question for you all. Last week I was at the LFS and looking at some plants for sale. I looked into one tank, and saw 3 apistogrammas swimming around! I asked the guy there if they were for sale, and he said i could have them for 99 cents apiece, because they accidently came in with the feeder fish. Well, they were in a dim, unheated tank and didn't get much food, so they weren't too colorful. I put them in a 10 gallon tank with RO water at 80F, and have fed them lots of live foods, so they have colored up a little bit.

I can't tell what kind of apistogramma species they are! I have looked, and i THINK they could be A. Cruzi. Here is a link to some pictures I took: http://www.members.cox.net/cmoreash/apistogrammas.html

Any help would be appreciated! []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi there, welcome to AQ and Apistomania[] yup, some fishes r usually mixed up during shipping, good for us from the pics, cant really tell the species.. but they r distinct vertical strips.. shld be related to the cruzi... think it will be easier to id when there is face markings and other coloration

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    look pretty much like A. sp. "SteelBlue" or "Blaukopf_Gelbflossen". it's suspected to be a locally bred hybrid in Singapore.[]
    i had loads of this fish that came in with bags of feeders. cheap. got em for 50cents in the past.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.