Images
    Country
    Singapore

CF card error

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Eh... Before I actually went to obtain a card reader, I was downloading the pics directly from the camera. Unfortunately, halfway thru the downloading, the camera indicated low battery life and aborted the downloading. After charging the battery, I attempted to contiune the downloading but problem is... Now the camera indicated a CF card error!

The card cannot be read now... Before I ask Canon if the card is under warranty, I just wanna ask if anyone here knows if there is any way I can reformat the card and get it to work... The card reader cannot read the CF card at all now... How ah?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can download some data recovery software for it. I had the same problem once, and managed to retrieved all of the lost data.

btw, what CF card u using?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Lexar Media 1GB card given by Canon. Data recovery software? Anyway, think the card reader I bought has some problems as my laptop keep telling me that there is an error with the hardware before I even plug my CF card in...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    doesnt yr lexar come with a recovery software?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I can't download the software when I first use the card... In fact, I couldn't find the software...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow... Thanks, Simon... Now you know how computer illiterate I am... Err...

<Stupidity Warning>

Warning given liao ah... Either one of the software listed can do the job? Also, how do I re-format the card after successful recovery? Or there is no need to do so after that?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    after you have done recovering, just format using yr camera

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks! I am downloading the first one mentioned now! Hope it works!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just an update...

Wah piangz... Can't download it the whole night! My network is so unstable, constantly searching for network address after downloading halfway thru!... Can't download in office also cos of firewall... Vomit blood ah...

Got to try again tonight...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thomas, PM me your email, I see if I still have the software, hopefully its small enough to email