Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Views on putting 50 cardinal tetras in 2 ft tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just note that when you push your critter limit to a certain point, you will get algae on your plants no matter what you do. Its your choice though...I rather have healthy fish and critters with room for error than push the limit. Your O2 demand will also be higher with that high a fish load and you might need to aerate your tank at night in order to overcome that issue.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all I am staying at sembawang and going to the YISHUN LFS near Khatib MRT. Will post the fish for adoption if i think 50 is too much for the 2 ft fish tank. Will keep in mind those who express interest in this thread. Regards.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool! Just let me know when you grab them...I guess that LFS you are refering to is Y618?

If you want black tetras, do let me know. May be giving them away, my bioload too high liao..
    i'm ADDicted to this wonderful hobby

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by taz_boy
    If you want black tetras, do let me know. May be giving them away, my bioload too high liao..
    Tsk tsk tsk... Bioload high, still want cardinals?

I still dunno what Black Tetras are leh... Post pic leh...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ha...cos i still feel cardinal are the best looking tetras apart from my green neon...so may be letting go of my black and brilliant neon tetras to make space for cardinals......
    i'm ADDicted to this wonderful hobby

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanchong
    Ok I try my best.

Got an external filter good for a 2ft tank. CO2 at 1bps, 2ft magnum light, 2and half week old tank. JBL substrate top off with a layer of small gravel. PH about 7. The water quality is excellent.

But read somewhere that the tank will have a PH peak on 3rd week. Is it true? Should I put in the fishes after the 3rd week.

The tank is filled with 6 otos and 20 cherry and green shrimps? By the way, how come my green shrimps dont look green?

Hope these info is adequate, really enjoy the forums active discussion.
    Hi ryan where did you find the info on tank having a pH peak on the third week? Would you mind posting the link so that i can have a look? Besides this if you are really expecting your pH to fluctuate, i would suggest you to not only not to buy fishes first but to also catch and house your other inhabitants in another tank to prevent casualties and release them into the main tank after you have measured your pH as shrimps are more sensitive to such changes.
    Best Regards
    YongHua

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    If you want to give up the black tetras and brillant tetras, I will be happy to adopt them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    willing to share the cost of the cardinal from u.. wanted 20..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the excellent feedback and healthy discussion. After taking the views of the forum members, I have decided not to stuff so many fishes in one tank. I have just got 10 spot rosbora from Ben's place.
    Last edited by benny; 11th Dec 2005 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanchong
    After taking the views of the forum members, I have decided not to stuff so many fishes in one tank. I have just got 10 spot rosbora from Ben's place.
    That is an excellent decision! Do keep us updated of your tank and if possible show us some pictures!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12