Images
    Country
    Singapore

More plants to ID...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Heh heh... Was at Bioplast the first time. Was amazed at the kind of beautiful plants available there... But the prices there...

Ok, that aside, what are these plants? Supposedly obtained from Taiwan...

This is a red foreground creeping plant...

This is a medium sized one. Can't get the top down view as I am too short...

Closeup of the leave... Interesting?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    First one is hygrophila sp (紫紅針葉柳).
    Second one is Aponogeton undulatus.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like your camera goes where ever you go these days. By the way, better ask before you take any pictures. Some shops are no so agreeable to pictures. I was told off previously at the now defunct Pet Safari at Simei by their staff last time.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the second one is Ap. Sp. At first glance, it looks like the plant as said, but upon closer observation, you will be able to see some difference. The new leaves are gold (or yellow) in color and under high light, the leaves will "open outwards". To some, the texture of the leaf appears "plastic". That was what made the plant different from Ap Undulatus.

There was a thread on it more than a year ago before the forum was upgraded. The plant local originator was Gan going by nickname of CM Media who chanced upon the plant. I got it from him and tried it out. Easy plant to grow and propagates easily.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Looks like your camera goes where ever you go these days. By the way, better ask before you take any pictures. Some shops are no so agreeable to pictures. I was told off previously at the now defunct Pet Safari at Simei by their staff last time.

Cheers,
    Supposed to go Orchard but got aeroplaned again.

I took the pics from the outside. But I will take note of asking the shop first. I just got 'in the mood'... Anyway, think I took only 1 pic inside, which is of the cory cat, cos it is just too beautiful and I never seen it before.

Lorba, the red Hygrophila sp. remains short and creeping? Or will it become like the other Hygrophila spp.? If easy to grow like the others but stays low and creeping, think it will be a very popular plant soon!

The second plant is an Aponogeton sp.? It is very short for aponogetons...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thomas,
    Agree with Lorba that the 2nd one is Aponogeton undulatus. The main characteristics are the 'bar code' patterns on the leaf and it sends out plantlets like Echinodorus. Depending on the environment, it can remains compact and short or very tall like the typical Aponogeton.