Country
    Singapore

'Efficient' internal Co2 reactor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Ppl,
    Would like to share with you guys some findings I found when experimenting with various internal reactors. Basically its the same thing like Mr Tom Barr's design. The only difference is the container, read in some previous threads about ppl trying to get fine bubbles using airstone and co2 bubble 'spray'. This container is from Dymax, turbo or something like that. Basically its design into 2 sections. The first section is design to channel the water coming out of the powerhead into a jet, the 2nd section is just an empty containment. As the Co2 bubble is release into the first section, the jet breaks the 'bubble' into small bubbles going to the 2nd section. Because I didn't take out the base cap, the small bubbles circles inside the 2nd section until it reaches the outlet. I did not take any readings but the plants ain't compaining. Among the 4 nos of tank I tested, I find this have the best results. I'm assuming its because the Co2 is being dissolve 'most' efficiently here. I using 1 bubble/second for all 4.

The first section is like beam me down, scotty. The bubble is jetted the minute it comes out into the 2nd section. I have taken out the inner fillings for the 2nd section, so I can see the bubbles circling inside.

PS: This is just to share, no technical or scientic research or reading went into it. Enjoy
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Interesting. Any pictures to share?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Interesting. Any pictures to share?

Cheers,
    Trying Bro, computer idiot lah. Took me half a year just to settle my avatar. KeKe.....THe pictures and drawings are on the way. Wanted to share because I feel the thing actually works. Hahaha.....
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The CO2 misting idea is actually to transfer the gas bubbles to the plant stomata as fast as possible and not to dissolve it entirely (they do take longer to dissolve as the CO2 concentration increases.). Dissolved CO2 (30ppm) + gas CO2 bubbles to the plants drives photosynthesis to a higher level. Thats the whole idea of the mist..

Regards
    Peter Gwee