Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Any good Aquarium Shops in Taiwan?

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Any good Aquarium Shops in Taiwan?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All

To anyone with similar experience, please advice...

Anyone knows where to go to in taiwan for aquarium products, plants to buy etc?

If i were to buy plants, will there be any problems bringing it back to singapore?

Regards
    Gene

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Gene,

Plenty of good shops there. But where in Taiwan are you going? Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan or Taipei?

Electricals are a slight problem due to the different voltage 110V vs 220V here.

Be more specific in your query and and there are probably shops that are good for your specific needs.

Alternatively, you can pick up a copy of the Taiwanese fish magazines here before you go and there is a whole long list.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, what about Taipei? I would gto Taipei about once a year and it would be good to have a good LFS to visit...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Benny, what about Taipei? I would gto Taipei about once a year and it would be good to have a good LFS to visit...
    Then you give me a call and I will show you my "goodie" map.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    On! I will let you know when I next go up there! Thanks!

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    In Taipei, head to Ming Quan East Road. Its a stretch of LFS there, lots of stuff to see including marine.

JC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by solonavi
    In Taipei, head to Ming Quan East Road. Its a stretch of LFS there, lots of stuff to see including marine.

JC
    J.C. You are well informed!!

That would be section 5 only. Otherwise it's a long stretch. Now there are shops on both sides of the road.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh ya. Its a certain section only. Forgot to mention that. I was there once only.

JC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Too bad I have already came back from my Taiwan trip in Oct. If not can spare some time at this place.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ming Quan East Rd Section 5... Ok. Will keep that in mind. I saw a shop in the northern area near a jie yun station but cannot recall which one now. Was on my way to Long Tan and the bus went by... Next time will go LFS explore...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Recently a friend of mine bought some CO2 stuff from Kaoshuing. Though he bought them at a reputable shop and with discounts which were lower than members' pricing, he could have gotten the same items at least 10 to 20% cheaper in Singapore. He also had to fork out more money to buy 220V-110VAC transformers. Perhaps the shops in Taiwan could offer a wider variety but their prices might not be cheaper. IMHO check the LFSs before buying.