Country
    Singapore

Mini Aquascape/Update on 1.5ft/Photography

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Mini Aquascape
    i setup 3 mini planted tank on fri... abou 2-3 litres each. put in 1 oto and aboout 5 shrimps into each tank. next day, the otos from the 3 tanks and shrimps from 2 tanks all forgot to breathe,[] possible cause: high heat from light or co2 poisoning..how much co2 for mini tanks? if i like to diy co2? what should i do? 1 bottle to each tank or one bottle to all 3 tanks?

Update on 1.5ft tank
    i removed some riccia and make way for bylxa japonica. saw them at pet safari, liked them but no stock, went to other lfs to look for it. what i did was remove all 'wounded' leaves, cut the stem leaving about 1 cm, plunge it into gravel... wil grow roots soon right? [] another i discover was, alot of hairlike algae on christmas moss... should look like algae, making my xmas moss so bushy suddenly, pretty nice too but... how to get them away? yamato or malayan shrimp can do the job?

Photography.
    took photos of my 1.5 ft but only 1 out of 8 photos came out. used normal camera with zoom, any tips as how to get nice photos of my tank as well as closeups? please advice...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wat shrimps did u use? wat colour is yr shrimps? orange? looks exactly like they r boiled?

as for yr algae prob, u can use yamato or SAE

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, if the shrimps looked like that are orange or boiled, means the weather is too hot?? if that is so, some of my shrimps are having that symptoms.. sigh.. and quite a few of them had died...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    use a fan to cool yr tank

try using a macro lens, and then give the tank a lot a lot of light. Could be very very bright, you might put in some side lighting, reason being is plants do shade some areas too well, so what you get is some parts over exposed while some parts are underexposed. But considering yout tank is so small, it shouldn't be a problem. Makes sure your tank glass is PERFECTLY clean. And do it with manual focus. Avoid using flash.

If you are more knowledgeable about cameras, try playing around with exposure time and aperture. Remember to record it down, when the photos develop, you know what will come out with which setting.

Hope this helps.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe you mini tank do not have filter. I suspect is due to your NO/NO2 poisoning. IMO, mini setup is much more difficult than setting up a big tank.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    your shots of the tank
    from far or closeup?
    you only need macro when you're shooting at about 10cm from the target
    if the pics turn out too dark, use a longer exposure time
    play around with the aperture if you want more of the picture to be in focus
    you might have to change the exposure to compensate
    i can't remember which way though

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    raytan12, don't be too ambitious to do everything at one go. First u don't cycle your tanks thats why your fishes and shrimps died. Learn more about aquarium keeping first. Once u manage to do it well, then proceed to photography. If your planted tanks are not doing well, whats the point of taking photos?

Small tank, I think he'd need macro. Or else it'll be one whole big picture with a small tank in the centre. *heehee*

Aperture set small, means everything appears sharp. But exposure time goes up.

Aperture set really big, object is sharp, everything else goes blur. exposure time is less.

Its an art that needs practice. Have fun with it anyway!
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm not taking photos of my mini tanks yet...taking the photo of my 1.5ft tank. things are going well. my pencilfish are getting fatter, larger... will get cardinal tetras after my reservist.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ray, a digicam will be a better camera to used.. especially when u wanna take pics of yr fishes which is on a constant move..

where r the pics for yr 1.5ft?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    apeture set small = f stop number big right?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, taken the pics but almost all turn out blur.

Yah, the bigger the number, the smaller the aperture. I think the normal aperture is 5.6

Digicam takes a little getting used to, also found out that with a tripod, your shots turn out much better. My guess is that your digicam had a long exposure time, your hand isn't rock steady and hence, blur.

Otherwise, it focused on the glass and not on the fish.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/21/2002 10:44:04 AM

Simon, taken the pics but almost all turn out blur.
    ----------------
    digicam focusing isn't very up to scratch
    for macro shots you have to have a lot of patience
    and like spilo said, the longer the exposure the more blur it will be unless you have a rock steady grip