Images
    Country
    Singapore

Marine Tank at Suntec City

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone been there lately? It's like they put the fish in nitrate soup or something. Rampant ich and fungal infections, fins bitten or burned off by nitrates and/or tankmates. And I think a saw a tatooed wrasse in there... But since I'm not into marine I don't really know the fish.

sad sad thing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There was a discussion at sgreefclub on this earlier and the company involved threatened to sue sgreefclub and it's members with reference to some of their comments.

Be careful.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Think you could post the link? I can't seem to find it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This is the one.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=42720

And some other links of interests to show you how serious certain companies can get. So do beware of what you say here.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67354

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69917

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Can companies sue or take legal action just because their supposed bad workmanship was shown and commented upon in public? Does it mean we are spoiling their reputation? From the threads, it seems like the tank maker wanted the guy to show them the pictures and complain about the tank to them first. But it was also not mentioned that they will do anything about it... What about consumer rights? Why is it that consumers are being threatened to be sued by commenting out loud what everyone was thinking, based on what they all had seen?

But I digressed... I had not had a chance to see the tank... Where is it, actually?
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Can companies sue or take legal action just because their supposed bad workmanship was shown and commented upon in public? Does it mean we are spoiling their reputation? From the threads, it seems like the tank maker wanted the guy to show them the pictures and complain about the tank to them first. But it was also not mentioned that they will do anything about it... What about consumer rights? Why is it that consumers are being threatened to be sued by commenting out loud what everyone was thinking, based on what they all had seen?

But I digressed... I had not had a chance to see the tank... Where is it, actually?
    At the basement near the Koi pond

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Thomas,
    Defamation is actually very vague in context but by claiming something, quoting something or the slightest hint that means directly or intent to, yes they can sue you. Be it as a company or personally, so be careful it will cost you....
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually they can only sue for defamation if your statement is UNTRUE. For example:

If "Company A" wanted to sue, me for my comments about the Suntec City tank you would first have to prove that they were untrue.
    Secondly they would have to prove that my intent was to damage their reputation.
    Only then will they have a case.

heh, planning to do law one day... it's actually quite interesting if you're into debates

The reason why so many people threaten to sue these days is because it scares everyone into shutting up. Not that I'm for people mouthing off without thinking. But I'm very against hiding the truth.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    XnSdVd: Good, go study law and then offer free advised for AQ.

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha, I will but only AFTER I've achived my dream of designing my own game from the ground up. And that means doing Digital Media Design first Heh, I'll probably do a fish keeping game first... "SIM Tank"

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ever tried this?: Insaniquarium at http://games.yahoo.com/games/agl?gn=gn_arcade

A little silly but hey, there are oscars and piranas...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha Actually that's what inspired me to start keeping fish again

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ehhhh.... this is a scary topic for the AQ staff. So I really hope you guys will watch your words.

Anyway, last I heard, there is a responsible party who is trying to stablised the tank. I.e. someone is trying to do something about the tank. Marine tanks take a long time to stabilse... especially large tanks.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    A large marine tank with coral is not easy to maintain. It cost $$, time and effort to do a decent job. This is why many public aquarium only keep FOWLR or fake coral.

Cheers
    JC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    FOWLR aka Fish Only With Live Rock setup.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, BFG... Was going to ask what is FOWLR... Never seen the term being used in mags before...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Shannon!! You are thinking about SIM TANK? I had the same damn idea!! I was telling it to Choy and Micheal on the outing that time! Cool!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha small wonder that I'm aiming for the same course as you...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw this online, Sim Aquarium. Tot u guys will be interested.
    http://aquarium-screensavers-softwar...-software.html

Cheers
    JC