Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A society

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey. Why not form up a society of our own. This society i am thinking about is to actually kick LHs out of our LFS. Maybe not all but at least make them stock less LHs and sell other fishes. I am trying to influence an aquarium now.

“For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything is hidden that will not be known and come to light”
    Luke 8:17
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if you can print a t-shirt with the right graphics and words "Luohan make damn good yusheng", I'll buy and wear to the LFS.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    ----------------
    On 5/21/2002 10:50:22 PM

if you can print a t-shirt with the right graphics and words "Luohan make damn good yusheng", I'll buy and wear to the LFS.
    ----------------
    yusheng is once a year thing.
    you'll need luohan make damn good sashimi.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    alrite man!tats the way for all hobbyists to be.lh make sucks yusheng but good feed fish or lon gang fish for my beautiful cichlids.i raised my two hands to support the idea.i even buy one shirt for my dogs too.hell with lhs!!!!!!
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I try to go print one shirt that says, "Flower Horn make good food for human and fish!"
    or "Flower Horn make good Yusheng"
    or maybe "Flower Horn burns your pocket and does not bring fortune"

You know. we can't let LHs take over LFS just like that. So, form lah!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it shld be aimed to educate the public.. even if u form such a group which anti-LH.. it wouldnt do much.. what u guys need to actually educate the public on the basic understanding of fishes as a hobby and not as a superstitous belief

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But how do we exactly get the message across the public? Brochures?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    create a website and then spread the news abt it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But I'll tell you this, it's gonna get hell from the luohan supplier and lfs-luohan for doing this. You can see so many shops sprouting around s'pore like mushrooms. Most (if not all) of them are out to make a quick buck. Some of them invested a small fortune thinking this is a sure thing.... well that's what the bubble tea stall owners tot too and see what happen to them. The point is, we should be careful if we were to proceed with such a campaign....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    i think we should procced cos we mus let pple know that fish keeping is a hooby not a profit making business.if thye loss money or clos down they ar jolly well-deserved.who call them follow trend blindly.or b!
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am really forming a group of SAFHS.
    Singapore Anti-Flower Horn Society.
    I will be the chairman. I have already thought of the first step we should take already.

Chairman: Sky Devil (Lyon Goh)
    Vice Chairman:
    Advisor:
    Treasurer:
    Supervisor:
    Joint Secretary:
    Commitee Members:

Care to be a member of the SAFHS? Then post your nick and name here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just leave it alone it will be over it's just a matter of time and patience, at the same time why don't u keep apisto for a start =) And did i remember correctly u got LH too?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry guys,

But we are hobbyist, we may not like Luohans (me included), but there some other hobbyist who seriously do like the fish. We cannot force people not to like them. How do you feel if somebody came and tell you your discus don't look like fish and people shouldn't keep it. They may have their reasons in not liking it but to us it's a magnificent fish. It's just a difference in opinion.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and we should maintain a fairness if people do want to rear any fish they want. What actually we are pissed that shops are opening everywhere and luohans are a main attraction. Some are making a quick buck and may be disrupting the fish scene. If you don't like how things are, just don't support it. Don't go round stiring things up and spoiling this hobby for others. Quite sad to see such a thing happening.

Please don't forget we are hobbyist not some political community where we should sanction against the fish or anyone we don't like. Fish is a fish and a hobby is a hobby... please leave it that way and enjoy what we work so hard at.... our tanks.

Juz my 2 cents worth.....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry but because of LHs, my 2ft tank which i buy with my own cash was taken away by my dad. Then he still expects me to keep them for him. When anything cork ups, he will blame everything on me.

He ons' the light in the night to see them and he always scares them buy putting his hand into the water to touch them. When the fish losses it's colour, he will blame me. Then his fish rearing methods are old and outdated and will only cost the fish to die.

Now, even my only 2ft tank which i am keeping Frontosa will soon be taken by my dad to keep LHs. I have a nervous breakdown from all this mess. When i talk to him about it, he will say, "You don't know how to keep fishes one lah!"
    I am sick and tired of hearing all this.
    LHs will only cause unbalance in the ornament fish market. There will be less demand for true fishes.

I am very sad to see that beautiful tropical fish have been evicted by the LH madness. LFS which I respect and admire have turned to LH shops. It is a sad day for all hobbyist when the variety/selection of tropical fish declines for the sake of one fish and profiteering.

As all of you must agree, there is an oversupply of LH. The high prices of LH can no longer be justified. Many people I know are already turned off by LH because of the oversupply. As such, they have lost their prestige. Furthermore, many people mock at their ridiculous high prices.

This is why i swear to make LH worthless!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Very interesting Skydevil. Question though. What makes YODA so wise? Well, I do believe when one experience more than what others have, one becomes wiser. I guess that's why sometimes adults see things further and, the whole big picture.

A hobby is a hobby. It is not meant to create discomfort or form displeasure. It is something one likes and have a passion for. Each have their own views about things and IMHO, it is best left to the individuals themselves.

Jus my 2 cts worth.
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyway, nothin is gonna stop me from launching this Anti Flower Horn campaign. Anyway, if next time my Party goes on the news or what, please do not mention my name. Thanks.
    I have already printed papers to stick around the aquariums. By next Wednesday, you will see anti flower horn messages around Serangoon North.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey i read your experience SkyDevil.
    That sucks!

If financial constraint is the only problem that makes your dad have "control" over your fish, can you get a part time job or something so you can buy your own stuff can call them your own ?

I really appreciate you for speaking up.
    your disdain or perhaps hatred now for this thing
    and yeah also the frustration abt your dad's "knowledge" that we often encounter from LH keepers who got their "knowledge" from word of mouth or from another "wise one" during LFS trips.

Many many of us have the same sentiment here.

But i have to caution you against embarking on your crusade..

(1) it is possible to get into real legal trouble with the LH breeders and farms and shops like Rainbow. THey will go all out to protect their profits. They have money, you are but a student.
    (2) well this is singapore, and pasting notices in public places itself is already illegal...someone had actually been charged of vandalism from posting notices on mrt station pillars.

Why dont you just stay in this forum. Perhaps we can "educate" in some other ways. I will not mind a "Singapore CIchlid Exchange Group" which combines all cichlids lovers, south americans, central americans, africans, neotropicals and the like! We need strength in numbers first, separate preferences can be put in divisions, eg APistomania groups, Tangayikan lovers etc.

More ppl, louder voice, better action.

what you are gonna do will only create a small ripple and moreover many of the ah pehs will not even bother to read

Feedback Score
    yah man agree wif lsz.the pple out there selling and keeping lhs are simply too much for us to stop.whatmore they have big financial backings.we r nothing compare to them like an egg banging a rock.anyway i tink no matter how much we try will be avail.lfs jus bring in more lhs to keep themselve survive.what we can do now is to pray for the craze to go off......

rgds[] [] []

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what you are gonna do will only create a small ripple and moreover many of the ah pehs will not even bother to read
    ----------------
    for all u know, some of them dun even know how to read or understand and perhaps mistake your sentiments as promotion for the fish.. and then, the plan becomes backfired...[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Isz, i like your idea but to make this happen, we need time, cash and manpower!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast