Images
    Country
    Singapore

Water not clear

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am having 4x2x2ft tank using ecco 2235. Using only the original filter materials that come with the filter; and I have notice that the water is not very clear. It has small particles flowing around. However, that plants and fishes are doing fine; just need to obtain a clearer water from them. Please enlighten. Thanks.

I understand that the 2235 may not be sufficient for my tank size but, I have to live with it for the time being. My brother has a much better filter (wet-dry model) for his 3ft and the water is crytal clear. However, the plant and fishes are not doing well. Hummm...of course, have to put other factors into consideration.

Anyway, have heard that crytal clear water is not as good as slight "cloudy" water. Anyone could confirm this point? Thanks and enjoy the long weekends!
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wash yr filter and perharps add more filter floss to it

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    AnA,

My 5ft also has those white particles floating around. Just stop adding your liquid fertilizer and reduce feeding and lighting period, you should see some improvement. For my case, whenever my UV turns on, the water is clearer.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    clarity of water doesn't affect the water quality directly
    those tiny white particles are best removed using your filter
    you just have to add more filter floss into your filter
    they have nothing to do with fertilisation, lighting etc, just that your filter isn't established yet

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok, will put in another filter floss on the next filter wash. At the mean time, monitor the condition and see if it improve after a few days. Heard that Geo liquid could clear water? Yet to try this. My brother is using it, see if the claim is true. Thanks.

----------------
    On 5/25/2002 9:31:28 PM

clarity of water doesn't affect the water quality directly
    those tiny white particles are best removed using your filter
    you just have to add more filter floss into your filter
    they have nothing to do with fertilisation, lighting etc, just that your filter isn't established yet

----------------
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok, will put in another filter floss on the next filter wash. At the mean time, monitor the condition and see if it improve after a few days. Heard that Geo liquid could clear water? Yet to try this. My brother is using it, see if the claim is true. Thanks.
    ----------------
    AnA, i would rather use more filter wool in my next wash than to use that Product.
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks. I am not sure what is Filter foss; I think is sound more familar what is wool. What I mean is wool I think. Thanks for your advise.

----------------
    On 5/26/2002 10:17:18 AM

AnA, i would rather use more filter wool in my next wash than to use that Product.
    ----------------
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually
    what you know as wool is filter floss

Feedback Score
    Hi AnA, is your tank setup new? If so, then I second DEA as this may be a case of new tank syndrome whereby your tank is undergoing (nitrogen) cycling to establish good bacterial. My new 3 ft took around 4~5 weeks to complete this cycle. I did not add anything to the water. My water is now crystal clear.A hardy fish waste will quicken this process and also bacteria, which can be purchased from LFS.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    u never de-chorine ur water

----------------
    On 5/25/2002 7:31:47 AM

I am having 4x2x2ft tank using ecco 2235. Using only the original filter materials that come with the filter; and I have notice that the water is not very clear. It has small particles flowing around. However, that plants and fishes are doing fine; just need to obtain a clearer water from them. Please enlighten. Thanks.

I understand that the 2235 may not be sufficient for my tank size but, I have to live with it for the time being. My brother has a much better filter (wet-dry model) for his 3ft and the water is crytal clear. However, the plant and fishes are not doing well. Hummm...of course, have to put other factors into consideration.

Anyway, have heard that crytal clear water is not as good as slight "cloudy" water. Anyone could confirm this point? Thanks and enjoy the long weekends!
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Leann does that mean that my water will be clear if they are declorine?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    not sure but i noe by exprience that if not declorine there will be crumps of white particle forming .. eg LH tank.
    my discus tank no have white particle.. just exprience..

if u wan u can try,,
    ----------------
    On 5/27/2002 12:40:37 AM

Leann does that mean that my water will be clear if they are declorine?
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i usually don't do any condition to my water and just strg from the tap. I'm sure it will be okay after awhile.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i think so too
    cos i don't dechlorine my water
    crystal clear water

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok that's it u dun believe fine..

well just my own OPINION!
    i "think" that sometimes ard rainy seasons there will be more chorine in our waters.. thurs there might be some chemical reaction or something that will cause the particles..

since ur water is doing fine then i won't say so much

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    arlo arlo
    not say it's we dun believe or believe
    it's the fact that we from the very beginning do not dechlorinate our water, and we can still get crystal clear water
    ime, the white particles in the water are independent of water quality, but more on how much stuff u have in your filter for mechanical filtration as well as your filter flow rate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if your water parameters are ok i do not see any problem.

crystal clear water is only for our benefits your fish will not give a hoot
    they should have fine filter floss for eccos too. If not, get those meant for 2215 or 2217 ..squeeze them into the last basket. fine filter wool, white colour not the blue coloured sponges

and abt your brother's planted tank using wet-dry, it may just be that the water are overly-oxygenated by the wet-dry process. such so that the plants cannot thrive or even survive

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    AnA,

You mentioned you're using the orginal filter material?
    What are they? I'm not too sure but I think my 2233 came with a black 'sponge' (carbon or something similar in function), one or two blue 'sponges' and the white filter floss.

If this is the case, you need to remove the black one and add ceramic rings (Ehfimech) and the sinter glass (Ehfistrat).

If you look in the manual you will see the order you should place them.

There are alternatives to Ehfimech and Ehfistrat. Some of the forumers can advise on that.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the orignial media should work fine

yeah the black piece is carbon and should be discarded after 2 weeks. it is just to help kick start the filter culture.

the white floss is the one responsible for the filtration of the fine particles.

anyway if you change the media to the better ones it may not solve this problem too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    does that mean when you fill up the bath tub with tap water and you will be dipping into unclear water? I'm sure you see my idea here.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast