Country
    Singapore

Almost kill me

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Today 13rd Jan 2006, time 2.30pm...

After met a bro who collect moss from me at Tanjong Pagar mrt, and i walk back to office along the Cecil St.

when I almost reach the bus stop, suddenly "pop" and a dead leave body fall just 2 feet in front of me, my brain dead couldn't think of anything, just turn back and look at the tree behind me .. the height is almost 6 or 7 X higher than me ... 30ft maybe.

The body of the dead thing almost 2X of the length of my foot, and the length about 6ft i guess.

So I continue walking back to my office at Telok Ayer St. and my mind start working and start thinking a lot of thing....and my temper getting hot n hotter .... I search the contact for ministry of environment Singapore and make a call to complain. The answer is "I will forward to the department in charge and ...." so they asked my name and contact no for record.

I think all bullshit one lar .. as long as nobody dead than no their business...the government always take action after something happen not take precaution before something happen. When the flower pot fall and kill a girl than they start to make noise and even "saman" the resident who put the flower pot someway at the window or etc ... but who going to saman them when they plant the tree and leave it there to cause some disaster to citizen and do not check and clean regulary....must how just chop down before someone die (hopefully one of their relative).

Along the cecil st there are a lot this type of tree and look like nobody clean the dead leaves ... I took some shot of the other tree which is shorter.

Will contact "Today News" and hopefully they will publish and let the people who work near that area be more careful when they walk along cecil st.

Now my heart still pumping fast and hopefully tonight won't having nightmare....if really happen to me who going to take care both of my kid and my wife too... and also my planted tank....

All they know is sit there to collect tax even the economy just up a bit and still lot of private company still suffer and having retrenchment. No to mention they have bonus too ....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice jeans.. and you have cute dainty feet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well....thank goodness you are okay.

I don't think it will cause serious injury, but you'll never know where and how it can hit you.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I can't help but remember the time when I was sitting on a beach at Tioman and a coconut just dropped like 2-3 feet away from me!...

Side track: I love 'duck' humor... Sorry, Steven, can't help it...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    errr..i dont think that will kill you. it'll probably hurt.. but i wont kill you..

if durians didnt kill me when i was young i think you'll be okay.
    Are those Globe shoes??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The shoes brand is "New Balance" ... hehe but do you still like durian now??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    I can't help but remember the time when I was sitting on a beach at Tioman and a coconut just dropped like 2-3 feet away from me!...

Side track: I love 'duck' humor... Sorry, Steven, can't help it...
    WOW, coconut.... hmm that's really hurt

perhaps the conclusion is there got eyes?? so didn't hit us when they fall...

Old people say durian got eyes.... it will not drop if you stand under the durian tree lor...hope the teory is work here!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've also heard the old wives tale about durans having eyes. Really interesting.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    I think coconut could kill....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    I've also heard the old wives tale about durans having eyes. Really interesting.

Cheers,

eyes or not, when we went durian hunting in Area D, all my hokkien soldiers automatically wear their steel helmets

ps: last time dun have kevlar helmet one.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just a joke for all...

if watermelon or coconut hit your head which one will feel pain? make a guess...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no pain as you fainted?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your head?
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Agree with Valice... Your head will feel the pain...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    actually I think the correct answer is meant to be "none" since neither the watermelon nor the coconut can feel pain. but semantically it should be written as "watermelon and coconut hit your head" as it is written as "or" then it has to be only one of either.

chim boh?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Guilty as a mod will....going way off topic.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    "or" mean either one of it hit the hear.. of course the "head" will feel pain as both fruit got no pain tissues..haha. sorry for my poor English..

Valice you're so smart .. haha OKOK a bit way of topic. so better stop hehe.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    keke, most important you leave to tell the story ;P.. I'm also a magnet for falling things, especially when I'm out shooting, I had a jackfruit missing me by a foot, coconuts, durians and other debris just missing me...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm proud to be the only one here to have a boat fall on their head and more than once too. Oh! and rambutans too! Anyway, in defence of the government, accidents will happen, and i doubt the palm leave would kill anyone.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, next time you go shoot in the jungle, think bring your kelvar helmet.
    Safer...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast