Images
    Country
    England

best size for a photo tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi everyone, i build my own tanks and was wondering what is the best size for small to medium sized fish, so if anyone can help me please do.
    mick

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think Benny will give you a good answer on that, for me, anything one feet or smaller, i've yet to setup a 20cm cube tank for phototaking.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It depends on the size of your fish, right? I had a 18cm long tank but I still it too long when I used it to shoot a couple of killies... But then again, it could the problem of my poor photo-taking skills and lousy equipment...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I use a 1ft cube that has a planted background. this is a live-in tank mean subjects are allowed to settle and colour-up before shooting. sometimes they are also allowed to recuperate and regrow their finnages. A tank like that can hold around 4-5 species (about 10pcs) at any time for shooting. this increases the number of species available to shoot and also the chances that any one of them is in the mood to pose.

for very small fishes, or those that tend to hide, I have a betta barrack (6×4") with a layer of fine gravel as decor. the back and side is painted black (oyama paper). this allows me to pour out the entire content to clean thoroughly the gravel and glass.

for big unruly fishes, and shy fishes, I have a 1ft cube with just gravel and rock (arranged such that there is not much room to hide amongst the rocks). again this facilitates total overhaul and cleaning and unruly fishes can be easily caught without destroying plants (there is no plants).
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    cheers lads, getting some great ideas of you , keep um coming,
    what i'm thinking is make a few tanks of different sizes for you to say ye or nae.
    thanks, mick