Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help!! Internal fogging to be done soon!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Help!! Internal fogging to be done soon!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys

I'd just recieved an email informing us that my company will preform an internal fogging exercise this Sat (21st Jan) for pest control. For whatever pest, I dun know... Had not seen any 'pest' around... Must be just an exercise of contracted service...

Ok, grumbling aside, I need help on what to do with my tank... I definitely dun want to come into office next Monday to a tank of dead and rotting shrimps!...

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of switching off and removing the HOT filter and trying to find something big enough to cover the tank. But am afraid of causing harm by impeding gas exchange...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    you could probably cover the whole tank in newspapers.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You mean the tank only and not including the filter, right? So, from Friday evening to Monday morning, the inhabitants (flora and fauna) without filter and lights, ok?

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The HOT filter is a top filter? If this gets in the way of a cover, replace it with a small internal filter temporary and cover the glass with newspaper as suggested by Chris.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Without filter? No way... How come you want to turn off the filter?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Buy internal filter? Dun think want to make another purchase leh...

Terence, if I don't remove the filter, how to wrap the whole thing with newspaper?

Or dun wrap, just drape the newspaper over the whole setup, minus the light?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Buy internal filter? Dun think want to make another purchase leh...

Terence, if I don't remove the filter, how to wrap the whole thing with newspaper?

Or dun wrap, just drape the newspaper over the whole setup, minus the light?
    I have a spare if you need it for a few days!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    just drape the paper over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    How big is the tank? Maybe can use a big cupboard box to cover it?

Juz a suggestion.
    JC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    all you need is a filter.. then cover over it... be it using newspapers taped togethere to form a tent shaped thing ot a cardboard box.. or even celephane wrap with and internal filter works.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah... Sounds like a lot of work... Eh... I need to leave office early this Friday somemore... Think I will follow Chris' advice and drape newspaper over. Maybe 2-3 layers just to make sure...

Miao Miao, thanks for the offer. But think I can retain the HOT filter now that I've decided to just drape newspaper over the entire tank.

Will try to see if I can minimize air exchange though...

JC, it is just a 1ft cube.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't worry, as long as the tank is covered over with newspaper, they should be fine...