Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by spinex
    You will get better value in HK i'm quite sure. Since Shenzhen is selling around SG130. I bet HK will be selling at most SG$150-160 at most.

Anyone know Aquamarine set come with warranty ? Might be parallel import.
    hi Spinet,

Aqua Marine warranty for 6 months from purchased date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lim
    hi Joe,

the CL-85 in / out flow hose size is 12mm (innner circumference), the Eden 501 hose external circumfernece is 11.??mm, so need to do some modding here, using those white water tape and clip should get the job done.
    hi bro,

the Eden 501 hose can be connected easily to the CL-85 input/output connector using hot water to expand the hose 1st.
    Last edited by benny; 13th Feb 2006 at 09:58. Reason: merge post

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi bro,

the Eden 501 hose can be connected easily to the CL-85 input/output connector using hot water to expand the hose 1st.
    Hello Ian,

Would be interested in your Filter -> chiller setup, ie are they under your tank set up or on the same level.

Once set-up do you think the Eden has the water flow to drive the chiller adequately?

Rupert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ian, I've taken a look at the chiller and through the vents, I see a huge heatsink which I assumed is part of the TEM. The fan when spinning can be quite audible as tested out in the shop. How is the cooling like together with the Eden 501?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert
    Hello Ian,

Would be interested in your Filter -> chiller setup, ie are they under your tank set up or on the same level.

Once set-up do you think the Eden has the water flow to drive the chiller adequately?

Rupert
    hi Rupert,

just got the tank(24X12X15in) setup and connected with the Eden 501 and Resun CL-85, will post the pic tomorrow w/o water as too late to work on it tonight.

currently the tank, chiller and filter are on my study table, will get the chiller below the table next weekend.

I hope that the Eden will work, if not will get an external pump next weekend.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Hi Ian, I've taken a look at the chiller and through the vents, I see a huge heatsink which I assumed is part of the TEM. The fan when spinning can be quite audible as tested out in the shop. How is the cooling like together with the Eden 501?
    hi Joe, yes sound from the fan when spinning is quite 'loud' , wonder why I didn't notice it when I was in the shop yesterday, maybe too eager to get it before my wife make noise.
    my tank not ready yet maybe by Wed. or Thur. then I will add water into tank to test run. will post my review here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bro, my setup with Eden 501 / Resun CL-85 and a 24X12X15in. Will top-up with water this 2 days and write a review for the setup. Hoses are a bit messy and will work on it this weekend.

Last edited by benny; 13th Feb 2006 at 09:50. Reason: update gallery link

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks pretty cool!!! Let us know how the performance is once you have tested. Not sure how far chillers using TEM can cool down. Is that a 1.5ft tank from NA?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh... that cute little thing looks, well... cute and little!

Let us know the performance... It looks like something cool to have...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool! Look like some table clock/radio.

JC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw this chiller on sale at Ben's Aquarium last nite with a hefty pricetag ! IMO, with that money, i would rather buy a CL280!
    Last edited by evolim83; 24th Aug 2006 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by evolim83
    Saw this chiller on sale at Ben's Aquarium last nite with a hefty pricetag of $235! IMO, with that money, i would rather buy a CL280!
    Exactly .. and not to mention CL280 is running compressor not Peltier technology.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by spinex
    Exactly .. and not to mention CL280 is running compressor not Peltier technology.
    I was at NA yesterday and Chan said that he had few sets left selling at a promo price of 190++ (Can't remember the exact figures)
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow, that made the CL280 a much better buy over the CL85!
    Its not that small after all!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by evolim83
    Wow, that made the CL280 a much better buy over the CL85!
    Its not that small after all!

Opps, i meant the CL-85 going at promo, not CL-280....
    Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^;
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi Bros,

had the chiller setup and running in a 2 ft with about 45l of water, personal comments for my setup is as follows -

1. it is able to bring temp down 2-3degree from ambient temp., as I am writting this my room temp is at 28 and the tank water is at 25.4

2. IMHO this chiller will be able to chill - 1ft tank to about 22-23
    - 1.5ft tank to about 24-25
    - 2ft tank to about 26-27

when it does not need to bring down the temp to the desired temp. (preset by user) it does not emit noise at all, however if it need to bring down the temp it would start the 90mm or 120mm internal vent. fan and the noise is audible but still bearable to me

somehow when it need to bring down the temp. to preset range, I notice that rather then the temp. coming down it goes up instead, I suspect that the heat generated by the peltier is too much for the heat sink to dissipate and it heat up the enclosure and surrounding temp. (will try to provide more space to it next week and confirm if it helps). at my preset set temp at 26degree it only need to start the fan not more than twice per day and I am comfortable with it

as I do not have the patience to wait for it to bring down the temp what I did is to throw in some ice cube to bring down the temp and stop the fan from spinning, I did it once per day so far.

after using it for 2 days I would says that it is great for tank below 2ft and require temp around 26degree. I am going to hide it under my writting table and see how it affect the performance in confined space, till then will update u guys again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Ian,

Your review is most useful to those that are considering getting one.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    .................. I suspect that the heat generated by the peltier is too much for the heat sink to dissipate and it heat up the enclosure and surrounding temp. (will try to provide more space to it next week and confirm if it helps). at my preset set temp at 26degree it only need to start the fan not more than twice per day and I am comfortable with it
    peltier devices operate with a hot and cold side. for cooling, the cooling coil is connected to the cold side. the hot side is connected to the heat sink and fan assembly. during operation, there is a temperature differential of 60 or 80 degrees c. this means that if the cold side is preset to 25 degrees, the hot side will be at least 85 degrees. therefore the enclosure will become very hot.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Trying to power a 2ft using that is a bit too much for CL85 to handle. A 1-1.5ft would be good.

Anyway for those who thinking to get peltier powered chiller most likely it will be running 24hrs daily unless your tank is very small or the temperature you set is like 27 degree.

Just read in a taiwan mazagine about a peltier chiller also.

http://www.cblue.com.tw/english/cool%20eng.htm

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    [QUOTE=spinex]Trying to power a 2ft using that is a bit too much for CL85 to handle. A 1-1.5ft would be good.

Anyway for those who thinking to get peltier powered chiller most likely it will be running 24hrs daily unless your tank is very small or the temperature you set is like 27 degree.

Just read in a taiwan mazagine about a peltier chiller also.

hi Spinex,

yes, for a 2ft I notice that the temp hovers at 26.5 and it can bring down the tank temp. by 2 degrees from ambient temp.

btw is the CL-280 noisy? how often does it kick in to bring your temp to 25degrees?

regards,
    Ian Lim

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ian,

I'm using a CL-300 and it's noise is acceptable to me. I heard the CL280 is more quiet and 2 of my friends who are using them have no complaint. Usually it will run about 10-20mins (depend on room temp) every 1 hour to bring it down to 25 degree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast