Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    But why har??

Why would anyone buy one filter when for the same price they can buy 2? Plus having 2 obviously reduced the risk of total breakdown of filtration system, right?
    And pro3 is such a huge monster to store away.

I tell you what I think Pro3 is designed for.. it is for people who keep dragon or rays or some big fishes.

I think the attraction of the Eheim Pro III is in the ease of maintenance. Did any of you guys catch the Aquarama 2005 demonstration? Compared to the 2260, a world of difference. Compared to the Pro II, it's still an improvement.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'd like to suggest the use of Lapis sand and avoidance of ADA Aquasoil if you expect to do lots of rescaping in the future. ADA Aquasoil isn't meant for this purpose; it breaks down easily after some time.

However, ADA Aquasoil provides better root formation than Lapis sand. It's also a nutritive soil, wheras Lapis is just inert sand.

Lapis is good for rescaping and cheapness, it's easy to plant in it (don't have to be scared about turning into mud).

Think about it

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Terence is right... you need to be sure of your aquascape and sure about the planning stages if you plan on Aquasoil.. so that you can scape it once and get what you want.. its not a scape as you go kind of soil.. but..if you dont mind water clodyness for a bit..i think its okay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to add on, Aquasoil will disintergrate in a few years time.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon
    Sorry don't know to post small thumb-size photo here.

My 6' x2x2 tank (12mm thickness, black silicon) , euro bracing top and bottom, pre-drilled holes for filter hoses

Placement of 2262 , co2 tank , pvc piping , full chengai cabinet flat foot, louver doors , top hood/open top , MH lighting, 1 HP chiller , foot stool
    Hi Neon! thanks for the pictures! very impressive setup!
    a few qns:
    1) noticed u have top & bottom eurobracing. It seem to allow u to go w/o the center brace. btw urs is 12mm rite? can pm me ur tank maker and price?
    2) What r the pvc pipes
    for? how do they run? Don't ur tank go to ur filter then chiller than back to tank using the hoses? Pretty confused here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd
    neon.. you've created a monster of a tank. A beautiful monster mind you Great job!

vratenza:

My advice would be to look at everyone else's setups first. You've got guys like solonavi who're on the high end with plants galore and super-buget setups like mine which can take up to 6 months to mature(and are slow to recover from accidents) Find out which tank suits your needs better. Though from my experience, it's better to be excessive and not need it than need something and not have it. PMed you on more details. That and try to think everything through twice before you do it. a mistake would be very costly and hard to rectify.

If you're looking for a cheap cabinet that works, contact [email protected]
    They made my tank shelf. From what I can tell it's a metal frame covered with plywood. Cheap too. $480 for a shelf. Around $600 for a cabinet i'd imagine.
    Metal frame? will rust in time or not? unless stainless steel loh. U have pic of ur tank shelf?
    tks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome
    Personally..if this was my tank... i would..

1) get 2 3ft tanks instead of 1 6ft.... or 2 4ft tanks.. cos that gives me more variability in scaping and keeping fish.. i can have more scapes and more fish while still keep scapes nice and neat. or even 2 different scapes that i like..

5) gravel..i would go ADA personally.. its a bit ex and makes water a little acidic.. but i like acidic water personally because of the fish i keep.. and frankly..i'm sick and tired of lapis.. it is also light..

7) i actually liek that centre bracing on tanks.. its a very convenient thing to have when it comes to pruning plants, taking photos of your tanks for competiton (Flash placement areas) and sometimes i use it to put my liqiudferts while dosing.. if you dont want that bracing at all.. you can actually consider eurobracing the bottom of your tank... that way.. no top bracing is seen and when you put the gravel down.. you also dont see the bottom bracing liao loh.. so looks like braceless tank..
    hehe....one of the reason for 6ft is to have a grand center piece in the living rm which 2x 4 ft cannot achieve

seem like ADA Aquasoil cannot take much rescaping which i intend to meddle frequently....whats the fun of planted tank if we just trim/fert/stare at it after the initial setup?

i am considering ur suggestion of top/bottom eurobracing.... seem like good idea! hope the tank maker can do it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i think you can meddle lah..it just takes a gentler touch and not as much meddling..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    really good ideas...stealing some ideas...hehe. still considering 70w mh over t5...headscratching...
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi Neon! still waiting for your reply on my queries about ur setup!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vratenza
    Hi Neon! thanks for the pictures! very impressive setup!
    a few qns:
    1) noticed u have top & bottom eurobracing. It seem to allow u to go w/o the center brace. btw urs is 12mm rite? can pm me ur tank maker and price?
    2) What r the pvc pipes
    for? how do they run? Don't ur tank go to ur filter then chiller than back to tank using the hoses? Pretty confused here.
    The tank maker is Lim64.

My piping, EOS on both side. Each side has 3 holes and PVC pipes come thru the EOS and up. Then join other hose from the tank.

So , I have connected into the tank :
    - 2 overflow holes (left and right) inside EOS for any overflow case out to toilet. So no worry if topping up water and go to sleep - no flooding .
    - 2 water outlet suction (left and right) from the tank into the carnister. The same piping control by ball valve can be used to discharge water to toilet also during weekly WC.
    - 2 outlet return to tank (left and right) : from my carnister --> chiller --> 2 outlet return.
    Below shows the old design on the setup, you get the idea :

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi neon,

is the ehiem 2260 have two inlet and 1 outlet?tot of using it in my 6ft tank too

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon
    The tank maker is Lim64.

My piping, EOS on both side. Each side has 3 holes and PVC pipes come thru the EOS and up. Then join other hose from the tank.

So , I have connected into the tank :
    - 2 overflow holes (left and right) inside EOS for any overflow case out to toilet. So no worry if topping up water and go to sleep - no flooding .
    - 2 water outlet suction (left and right) from the tank into the carnister. The same piping control by ball valve can be used to discharge water to toilet also during weekly WC.
    - 2 outlet return to tank (left and right) : from my carnister --> chiller --> 2 outlet return.
    Below shows the old design on the setup, you get the idea :
    Wow! great idea there!The beauty of it is the neatness and functionality..... Based on your concept, i am thinking of having small EOS on both left and right..... instead of 3 holes, i will have 2 holes......from the 2 holes, the inlet and outlet to each eheim 2028 on both sides........ of coz i will have some ballvalves between the filter outlet and the co2 reactor/chiller.... here i can connect a hose to be lead to the toilet everytime i want to do WC.... the pumping of the filter will help me pump out the water to be changed......

reason for the difference is that i cannot have the direct drainage to the toilet from the overflow asmy tank is situated a distance from the toiket.....

If i may request for some pictures of the top of the EOS on each side to have an idea on how the hoses connect to the PVC piping from the top....... wonder how to position the rainbar etc....

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vratenza
    Wow! great idea there!The beauty of it is the neatness and functionality..... Based on your concept, i am thinking of having small EOS on both left and right..... instead of 3 holes, i will have 2 holes......from the 2 holes, the inlet and outlet to each eheim 2028 on both sides........ of coz i will have some ballvalves between the filter outlet and the co2 reactor/chiller.... here i can connect a hose to be lead to the toilet everytime i want to do WC.... the pumping of the filter will help me pump out the water to be changed......

reason for the difference is that i cannot have the direct drainage to the toilet from the overflow asmy tank is situated a distance from the toiket.....

If i may request for some pictures of the top of the EOS on each side to have an idea on how the hoses connect to the PVC piping from the top....... wonder how to position the rainbar etc....

Thanks!
    You have to sacrifice the space for each EOS, especially like my. Instead of using a squish shape, I did a triangular shape. My intend of making this tank is allowed many for myself in the event I want to switch to sump like high bioload setup or marine setup.

so think carefully how you intend to do water change : fill up and discharge.
    Suggestion :
    a) your suction from tank go thru the PVC, make provision (like mine) with ball valve join to another PVC pipe to discharge water. You can figure out using some fixture on the PVC pipe and quick connect on a long hose for connect.
    b) same concept, your water return to tank , make provision (like mine) with ball valve join to another PVC pipe to allow water top up where water will flow thru the same PVC subsequently and up the EOS back to the tank. You can figure out using some fixture on the PVC pipe and quick connect on a long hose for connect.
    c) Make sure every input or output have a ball valve.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbucks
    hi neon,

is the ehiem 2260 have two inlet and 1 outlet?tot of using it in my 6ft tank too
    1 outlet which the pump itself which suck the water out from the canister. The pump does not enough strength to suck water from the tank into canister, if the canister water level does not rise up to the pump itself.

The beauty with pipe and ball valve is that water will always maintain in the pVC pipe no matter what you did to the canister or the hose in tank, priming always will be no issue and the water remains in the PVC will have enough volume to suck the water out from the tank into the canister.

With the ball valve on each side of the PVC for the water return to the tank, I can now control the flow rate of each side upto my preference.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow, ic bro neon... Something that the using of tube or pvc pipes must have water that being fill up before starting the canister, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbucks
    wow, ic bro neon... Something that the using of tube or pvc pipes must have water that being fill up before starting the canister, right?
    That situation was only happened during the very first time the tank and pipe were being pumped for the very very first instance. I ensured the 2260 is filled with water during those initial day .

Now the PVC pipes are always filled with water, in and out all the time. The 3rd pvc for the overflow to toilet , either due to my ignorance or purposefully to skim the top , I let it overflow for a few minutes , which helps to remove the stagnant water in the EOS.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ic ic..very impressive sys set up...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt
    Just to add on, Aquasoil will disintergrate in a few years time.
    Wah!! disappearing gravel!! what a break through!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i am more or less firm on getting 2x2028 for my tank based on the suggestion by the bros here.

but i am also gettting the following which will need to be hooked to the in/out of the filters.... so it is important to know how best to connect them to maximize the efficiency.....
    1) surface skimmer
    2) external co2 reactor connected to Co2 set
    3) chiller

also. is 2028 enough?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast