Country
    Singapore

Cool New 4 feet tank (Contd)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Initially the tank was like that..:

now, after following some of your advice, i decided to put more stem plants, and trying to grow a carpet...

it looks like that now.. (one day setup)

comments are welcome,,, i will post more pictures later one...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    don't use a flash next time? haha, other than that.. . nice scape, though I would've picked a grey substrate for that.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

View from the opposite side...

Side View

SIde and Front View

Front view is where the tank will be mostly viewed.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh here's an idea, move that tall stemmed plant into the middle of the DW. I think it'd look pretty good...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm, which tall stem plant are u refering to when u asked me to move them...

just to day that, i have planted several stem plants in the middle..just got them from teo aquatic... they are all still short (just did planting today)... some of them were immersed and will convert to submersed with some time....

Though they cannot be seen now, they will grow tall soon ( i hope), so all the spaces between the DW are taken actually....

more comments are welcome..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaObsession
    Though they cannot be seen now, they will grow tall soon ( i hope), so all the spaces between the DW are taken actually....

more comments are welcome..
    Looking good…. don’t make any changes, just give your aquascape some time to grow into what you planned.

Looking forward to future pictures

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looking good! I'm sure it will be better once the plants become more established. Update us again when the aquascape matures.
    Click here to help me make my Fish Room Project a reality!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Czech_Republic
    Wow
    What lighting do you use? How many tubes? Can you tell me what plants do you have there? I've recognized some but not all you have..

Well... I really like it!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi

Honestly, I dun know all the plants' names... i will post pic of them later for identification in the flora forum section.

As for the lights, the tank initially came witth some lights, i dunno how much ,,something like 3*24 etc. I bought a 4*36w PL (sun sun or WW if that is the same), and also exchanged something for a 3 feet 2*24 (W/R)

I think my lightings are enough, coz it can penetrate up to 3-4 cm in the gravel.

The bad thing abt this tank is that it is quite deep, 2.5 feet. was not intended for planted as start, but i try to convert it to one.

Here is the URL of my BLog for more info, I will update it when i have some time. www.aquaobsession.blogspot.com

The rest, Thanks for the kind comments, Will keep you all updated.

Just wanna ask,,, is there a special technique to convert immersed plants to submersed plant.

Christophe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just a general wondering...

I bought several plants from Teo Aquatic recently. Some of them were taken from pool of water, others were not growing in water. However, i know a few plants that they cultivate in terrestrial form but which can be submerged plants.

My question is : If at farms they grow plants in terrestrial form, does that mean they are the "terrestrial" plants?? or terrestrial plants are just plants that is not meant for water??

I saw the terrestrial version from his cultivation, and the submerged version in his display tank....they look different, but both healthy...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaObsession
    Hi

The rest, Thanks for the kind comments, Will keep you all updated.

Just wanna ask,,, is there a special technique to convert immersed plants to submersed plant.

Christophe
    Yes there is!! its called Submersing the plant underwater!!

sorry couldn't resist.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

What i meant was.... are immerged plants that you find in tank, the real ones, sometimes cultivated on terrestrial form,,,, eg, plant it without much water, but the environment is very cool, very muddy soil, and roof dripping water...I think they do that for commercial purposes.... does it mean that after conversion the plant can only live for a few weeks or months???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    no. it depends on the plant species...

relatively speaking there aren't many TRUE water only plants... most plants can live on both land and water... they are still the same plants... they just emit different forms and shapes when in different media..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not a easy tank to scape but I think you are doing a good job with this tank I like it!

True water plants are usually the ones with very soft leaves, like the Aponogeton sp in your tank.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan

my suggestions..
    dont worry about covering equipment.. if your scape is nice.. they'll look at the scape.. and if you send for contest.. you'll remove equipment anyway for the photoshoot..

so from left to right..its.. move all these plants to end of arrow, Turn to fac other direction and move this plant to arrow..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm

the equipment u r refering to cannot be removed, it the "tunnel" from where the INflow and outflow pipe go to reach the filter tanks at the bottom of the cabinet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your tank is looking better than the initial setup

I agree with what Ranmasatome mentioned about not restricting your scape by planting for the sake of covering the equipment.
    IMHO, I find it easier to plant and 'scape' usually looks better when you consider the harmony in the placement of plants and hardscape than the equipments.

I understand that you may not want to move your plants that much after all the planting and waiting for the plants to settle/root, especially the Vals .

I see your emersed stem plant in the middle and I also see some space for the Vals. I think you'll still be able to plant those Vals in the middle where the bogwood is.

Turning the wood to point to the left where Ranmasatome indicated sounds like a good idea. It may look better for a 'V' placement for the bogwood than the current one.

Sit back and enjoy watching your tank establish.

Great job!
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello... I just noticed your tank could do with a splash of red... 1 small reddish plant to the left side of the DW would look good.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi CS and rama

not that i am lazy,,, haha, maybe a bit since this is not my own tank, but for my hall of residence...

okie, will try to do soemthing about the vallisneria..... but i will wait until the plants i just planted grows a bit, why? i am scared that my vallisneria will shade all the rest

about the wood placement, i will more it as suggested, but i am afriad that they are from the same piece...if that is the case, i wun be able to move it, but if they are 2 separate wood, i will move it as suggested...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi AquaObession,

You are far from being lazy considering so much work and effort put in for this tank that doesn't even belong to you .

I guess most of us here can't resist from adding plants and moving things around after the initial planting.

Keep the pointers for future scapes .

Update us on the progress of the tank. Great job.
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast