Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Setiardi,

How much did you get your emporer juvenile for? seriously thinking of getting one, but does anyone know if I can keep BOTH a flame angel and an emperor angel together in a 4-footer? thanks!!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Bought the emperor for $20. From what I seen, though briefly, the two angelfish didn't chase each other in my tank.Even after a few hours of observation. Abt the death, maybe some chemicals like copper? might be the coz.Anyway I think I have a mantis shrimp in my tank.Can hear clicking sound once in a while.Forget to mention, every now and then find dead baby crabs.Found one more today.Also hardly see anyway bristle worm nowdays in my tank.Saw once b4 a baby crab carrying a dead bristleworm for breakfast.I think it caught the worm.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hong yee, u can.. provided that it have ample space to hide, u can keep both of them together... btw, just to let u know.. emperor angel can grow till pretty big.. and munch on corals..

setardi, i dun think it is the copper-based.. coz if that is so, your corals and invertebrates are the first to be hit.. [:] could be your mantis shrimp at work too.. ambushing them.. if i were u, i will impale it with a stick and kill it.. as well as the crabs..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

If the mantis is big enough can makan also, hehe! [] REVENGE!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

oh ya, kel, what about 2 flames? Thinking of getting at least 1 flame, plus maybe another dwarf angel or a baby emperor. Shld be a long time more before they grow big? Hopefully will have new bigger tank by then!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hongyee,
    u want to put 2 flames into the same tank?? i dun advice it.. i last tried that.. and the end result is; i end up without any.. [] very expensive lesson... for that price, u want nice ones, i recommend getting potters, lemon peel and flame.. these are the nicest.. i have a yellow dwarf.. similar to lemon peel minus the eye shadow ard it eyes(as what my fiancee call it).. hahaha..btw, potter angel is very nice.. but it is extremely delicate.. require top quality water parameters, much more than flame and lemon peel and they are hardly seen in the market..me kept one b4.. but my coral beauty chased it ard.. and alas, it did not make it.. except to drive my blood pressure up... IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN U SEE YOUR $8 FISH CHASING YOUR $60 FISH!!!!... []
    the emperor juvenile.. but mind u, if u keep corals, it is gonna be destroyed by them.. i recommend keeping Koran if u still like those bluish design.. they are similar but at least, koran is less destructive.. and u can train your koran to eat processed food like tetra bits or vegetables..
    and emperor will get destructive with age and also depending on characters, aggressive towards its kind.. unless u just want to have a rock structure tank with angel, i dun recommend it.. [:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

eh Kel, u must teach me the difference between the Koran and Emperor juveniles leh! all look the same ...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    very simple... get me downgraded and i teach u.. hahaha.. ok.. look at the finnage near the tail.. emperor juvenile have circular spots on them while the koran have only white lines.. that is the distinct part to differentiate the 2.. if not too sure, ask the uncle.. hahaha..

emperor juvenile
    koran juvenile and adult pic

take a look at the top part of the tail portion and compare.. u should be able to tell the diff now..[] now.. let's talk abt me getting downgrade.. hahahahahaa.....[] [] []

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123