Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hygrophila corymbosa ''Compact''

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My tank has been stabilised for a while. Shrimps (yamato, bee, cherry, green) are happy fish are happy, no deaths for the past months

Last night, planted some Hygrophila corymbosa ''Compact'' from Teo in emmersed form. After I planted them in, I notice all my shrimps went and squeeze themselves into the far corner of the tank, the furtherest corner from the Hygrophila corymbosa ''Compact'' . A few hours later, saw a few dead shrimps

This morning woke up and check , no more deaths. But shrimps till hiding in the far corners

Anyone had the same experience with Hygrophila corymbosa ''Compact'' before? Any idea why ? It has to be this plant cause its the only new plant I introduced into my tank for the past few months

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have not noticed such problems before with plants from Teo. I am not sure if he used any insecticide in his farm. You could have soaked the plants first before planting? Or give them a call to check?

I got emersed plants from him before and used in new setups. So can't tell if there's any insecticide.

Usually I get submersed plants from him for mature tanks. And I did not even bother to wash.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Treated with Potassium Permangenate

Washed it a few times before i put them in. I am pretty sure it was not the Potassiuem Permangenate because I treat all my other plants and wash them before i put them in

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nope... never have any problems with that. I simply rinse the plants under running water, trim them and plant them into the tank.

I usually do a water change after planting.

BC