Images
    Country
    Singapore

Apistogramma spotted at C328!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I saw some apistos today at c328 where the guppies are housed, what speices are they?

I'm suddenly getting interested all over again when I saw a (I think) A.Cacatuoides pair.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually, C328 carries dwarf cichlids all the time, both African and South American. In the tanks on the left side of the entrance, you can find Anomolachromis thomasi from Africa. Just slightly further in, there is the hybrid know as "steel blue", scorned by a lot of hobbyists but no less popular in many parts of the world. In the last tank on the top, you can find Apistogramma cacatuoides, borellii, panduro, agassizii, amongst others. If you are lucky, you might even find females.

For those looking for pairs, you can find them in the guppy/betta tank area. Terrible conditions to house them in my opinion. They are sometimes also kept in bags hanging where the java ferns are or in the plant holding tank at the back.

Terence, if you are keen to start again, let me know and I'll set you up with something.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There are also some in those tau-hui tubs at the betta/guppy area and on the floor but don't know much to tell species.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As of today, 13 Feb 2006, they have Apistogramma cacatuoides, trifasciatus, agassizii and macmasteri in pairs. List price from S$16 to S$35. Where the guppies are kept.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    benny, thanks for the offer but really, I shouldn't be freeloading, and my house probably doesn't want another tank anyway.

Thanks for the info though! I'll post up my setup if I finally decide to get my hands on a easy pair like cacatuoides or agassizii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw a male macmasteri (?) in one of those tubs on the floor. The lady boss said it is sold as a pair. So i guess have to look for the other half on your own in the other tub. Same for other apisto species in those tubs. Only those apisto in partitioned guppy tanks are properly paired.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lwm999
    Saw a male macmasteri (?) in one of those tubs on the floor. The lady boss said it is sold as a pair. So i guess have to look for the other half on your own in the other tub. Same for other apisto species in those tubs. Only those apisto in partitioned guppy tanks are properly paired.
    Just ask the uncle and he will take out the correct tubs for you. Saw a pair of Apistogramma borellii "opal" there. Very pretty!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    Just ask the uncle and he will take out the correct tubs for you. Saw a pair of Apistogramma borellii "opal" there. Very pretty!

Cheers,
    Is it realli borelli opal?..or the normal borelli?..havent seen a borelli opal around before.hmm how many pair do they have? wats the price range anyway?...